
So it's been a nice 2 days... I'm so glad the sun has been shining and the weather is warmer - we've been playing outside alot.. Maya just loves running down the sidewalk. Yesterday, we were all outside after dinner and Chris & I somehow managed to clean the van out, which was badly needed & felt like a huge accomplishment, and then afterward, we took the girls down the street for ice cream. Chloe even ate an entire bowl of black raspberry soft serve ice cream - it was crazy - I couldn't believe she ate so much (and didn't get sick afterward)! So it was a good evening - I soo love spending time together as a family. It makes me feel so much better about my life in general. Chris is just sooo busy all the time and he doesn't get to spend much quality time with the girls or with me... and that always leaves me feeling bitter and just upset with him most of the time, so it feels like we're incredibly special to him when he does spend time with all of us.
So today I decided to do something outrageous and take the girls for an outing all by myself... I don't do this - I actually don't recall EVER doing it before. Just the thought of it stresses me out. But the more I look around, the more I realize I am not a typical Mom. I always see Mothers at the store and all over the place with multiple children in tow. So what's my problem? Why don't I ever load them in the car and take them on errands or wherever else I want to go? The answer is: I know what stresses me out, so I avoid putting myself in situations that I think will stress me to the max. And I feel bad that my kids have never been to the park or hardly anywhere, just because I have issues. So today I thought I'd throw my fears & anxiety aside, and take the girls to Toys 'R us and maybe even McDonald's afterward. WOW. Imagine that! So we went - and wouldn't you know it, it was fun. When you don't do things like this regularly, it's even more of a treat for the kids when you do. So the girls went nuts. Chloe was VERY well-behaved and there were NO tantrums from either of them... amazing!! She especially loved the book aisle and the little books with buttons on the side of them, that make noise or play songs... and Maya just wanted to run around and be chased by me (how tiring!) So toward the end I told Chloe to pick something out to buy and she was just overwhelmed by all the toys & couldn't decide what she wanted. We came home with 2 little ball mitt's that are covered in velcro, and then a velcro ball you throw which sticks to it. Only $4.99 so that was my pick and she finally agreed she wanted it too. :) I really wanted to buy her a ballerina barbie (it would be her 1st barbie doll!) which was only $4.99, but she didn't want it! Imagine that! Anyway, the trip to the toy store went well, until it was time to check-out finally & I smelled something stinky and realized that Maya had not only pooped - but the poop had leaked all over her pants, which then got on her coat, and which also got ALL over my coat since I was holding her!! UGH! YUCK! So I had to drag both girls into the bathroom and try and clean up the mess, and of course I had not brought a change of clothes for Maya cuz she had just pooped before we left and I didn't think I'd have a problem! So yeah, my goodness that was a big mess and it stressed me out... But the rest of the trip really went good enough that I would consider doing it again I think! :) I felt like a good Mom afterward. haha. And we went to McDonald's on the way home, through the drive-thru that is... but still it was a treat. So that was our day today. It was a major accomplishment for me.
Now I'm off to bed and tomorrow my work week begins...
No comments:
Post a Comment