Monday, April 21, 2008

What a Monday!

So let me tell you what's been happening in our world lately... On Saturday it ended up not raining for most of the day (what a blessing!) so we took the girls outside to play in the morning. They love playing on the swingset - swinging more than going down the slide it seems. And then we were out front and saw the kids across teh street - 4 yr. old William and his little sister Gwen, who will be 2 in July. They are such cute kids. They came over to play and we all ended up in our backyard and the kids had so much fun. Their Dad was watching them that day so we talked to him alot, he's really nice and we were talking about babysitters & pre-school and learning some interesting things! We told him we really needed to find a babysitter so we don't have to rely on our family all the time in order to go out on a date or what-not! He said they would gladly watch the girls sometime so we could go out for dinner, he said the kids would get along just fine together! That was very nice of him to offer to do that!

So I don't remember what else we did over the weekend... Sunday night my sister & Aaron came over and watched the girls so Chris and I could grocery shopping in peace. It was nice. :)

Today I have some major accomplishments to share! I had to pick up a prescription at Kroger, as well as some things that were on sale, like eggs & milk, so I thought I'd make my first ever attempt to take Chloe & Maya to the grocery store with me! (To most people this probably sounds petty, but we know that with my stress issues - this is a big deal!) hehe. So off we went... after everyone was full of breakfast and had clean diapers.. and the girls were very good! And what impressed me the most was that the nice lady who bagged my groceries offered to take them to the car for me - in a separate cart. That was very helpful! I loaded the girls in, and then she handed me the bags one by one! What service! I didn't think service like this existed anymore! :) I was blessed.

So we were driving home and I was thinking how nice the weather was - I mean just perfect - not windy, not cold, just right and I contemplated dropping off the groceries and packing some bags & then getting back in the car and taking the kids to the Zoo (what a thought!!) since it is usually free on Monday mornings... but instead I decided not to try such a big outing quite yet, and instead we went to the park/playground a few blocks from our house. I knew there was a park there, since I sort of grew up in this neighborhood, but I hadn't been there since I was little and I knew a while back they completely re-did the park, so I didn't think there was even any playground equipment - boy was I surprised when I drove by and saw some awesome huge stuff for the kids to play on - and no one was even around playing on it! So we went home, dropped off the groceries, had a snack and got back in the car - I didn't want to risk the long walk there and having the girls get antsy or cranky, so I played it safe and drove the few blocks back to the park! Chloe just went nuts - she had never seen anything like it and Maya loved running around, too! There was a small set of equipment designed for little kids, but of course Chloe wanted to play on the massive one - which freaked me out a little - there were so many spots where she could fall & get hurt - but eventually my fears eased up and I just let her do her thing. :) She refused to go down any slides - they just scared her I guess! After about 20 minutes, who showed up but little William and Gwen, our nice neighbors, and their Dad again! How fun! All 4 kids played and ran around for almost an hour - and we had the entire park to ourselves! It was awesome, and again I got to 'bond' with the Dad across the street.. haha.. and it was fun... until I realized Chloe had pooped in her diaper! I had set the diaper bag over on a bench, and so I decided I might as well change her over there... and oh my word, wouldn't you know it,it was the messiest & most awful poop out of Chloe in a long time! haha. I used every wipe in the container and I knew it had to have probably leaked a little on her jeans, but there wasn't much we could do about it... so we changed it & went back to playing. William was questioning why Chloe was wearing diapers... haha.. so I had to try & explain that. Gwen and Maya were SOO cute - I think they are gonna' be good friends - and they just were content to ride in the little infant swings next to each other. Then after an hour, William had to go potty - and so we all decided to go home since it was nearly lunch time... but William and Gwen and their Dad had walked, since they weren't lazy like us :) and William had to go potty so bad he couldn't ride his little bike home, so their Dad stuck both kids in the single stroller, and we put William's bike in our van, and Dad took off jogging behind the stroller to get William home in time to potty! haha. It was funny.

So that was today's experiences... now it's almost dinner time so I should get going... Hope you have enjoyed this long entry!

No comments: