Remember these cute pictures from last year?
Time sure does fly...
So I’m actually slightly bored at work. I’m staring at the clock I feel like. Today on my way home from work I’m going to stop at Kroger - I would’ve ventured there with the girls on Monday or Tuesday but the weather was just too chilly and I didn’t feel like bundling them up to go to the store.
On Monday I used a new recipe I found on-line and made pumpkin oatmeal bread. I used half whole-wheat flour and half regular flour so that means the bread is semi-healthy. haha. It is actually pretty good stuff. And on Tuesday I cleaned out our cereal cupboard and found some old chocolate/vanilla rice krispies and berry rice krispies and there was quite a bit left in the boxes but I figured if they were stale at all, I could turn them into rice krispie treats and no one would notice, so that’s what I did…. I have never made them before (can you believe that??) except maybe when I was younger, so I was amazed at how incredibly easy they are to make - and it’s not like they’re that bad for you, I only used a little amount of margarine and marshmallows are fat free - so I think I should make them all the time! haha... especially cuz Chris loves them! So those turned out good despite my expired cereal and I’m gonna’ buy some more marshmallows at the store today so I can use up the rest of my old cereal. :)
So I think we’re finally getting to the point that we’re going to stop feeding Maya baby food… we’re going to feed her what is left in the cupboard of baby food jars and be done (that will save us lots of money!) The other day Maya had some tiny bites of Chloe’s pizza and she liked it, and this week we bought deli ham and american cheese slices and we rip it up into little bites and she eats it… usually! Last night at dinner I put the plate in front of her with ham & cheese pieces on it and she just stared at it - so we have to feed it to her still, but that’s okay. I also have taught her to drink through a straw - what an accomplishment at this young age! I got her to drink an entire yogurt smoothie drink (the little ones they make for kids) and it didn’t seem to upset her stomach either, so perhaps we can try introducing the vitamin D milk again… though I think I’ll mix it half & half with rice milk - she sometimes picks up Chloe’s sippy cup of milk and takes a sip and makes a weird face - so perhaps she doesn’t like the taste of straight whole milk! Who knows. When I was limiting my dairy intake while nursing her, I used to mix regular milk with rice milk and it tasted just fine to me, so Maya oughta’ like it I would think! :)
Well, can you tell I’m hungry? All I’m talking about is food! I guess I can’t think of anything to write about so I’ll go try & find some work to do.
Only 2 more days till the weekend! :)
1 comment:
Aw what sweet girls and how the time does fly. You've done a great job raising them!
Post a Comment