It’s Friday already! I am proud of myself because I managed to not go anywhere on my lunch breaks this week - so no spending of extra money for me and I packed my lunch each day. It means the day seems to drag on since I sit here from 9 to 5 but I’ve survived. haha.
Anyway, the good news is that I get to go to the women’s worship thing tonight with my sister, and my mom’s going to. That makes me excited! Chris is going to stay home with the girls -- what a blessing -- and he might go over to his parents house for an hour so he isn’t home alone with them all evening. I don’t know though, the weather is icky out - rainy & such - so he really shouldn’t go somewhere with them if it’s not necessary, but we’ll see. Right now I can’t imagine Chris loading the girls into the van, packing them up, and taking them somewhere by himself (when he is overwhelmed just staying at home with them) but perhaps he’ll surprise me & accomplish the task.
Tomorrow we don’t have much planned - it isn’t supposed to be a real nice day - but then again the weather-man has called for rain a lot this week and it has only rained today so far… so perhaps it’ll be nice tomorrow & the forecast will be wrong again. :) If that’s the case, I might be able to get something done outside and maybe we can finally get our 2 new bushes planted which we bought last weekend! Amazingly they are still alive, though they’re not in the ground yet! On the topic of gardening, here’s a story… At the Church I work at there is this nice older woman who comes to the Church all the time to pull weeds & do random gardening things and she is retired from being a professional landscaper kinda’ lady (sorry, I don’t know the official ‘title’!) and I was asking her what to do about the weed infestation I have in my gardens - I have millions of those huge thistle weeds that are super pokey and hurt your hand when you yank them out - and she told me to buy some round-up and so we did, but I didn’t coat every single leaf of my weeds with the stuff, so therefore they didn’t die, so I wasted almost an entire bottle of round-up! When I told her this story, she asked where I lived & then she said she’d drive to my house to look at my weeds! Her generosity amazed me - that she would take the 20 minute or more drive to my house to view my weedy garden! hah! And then she asked if I minded if she sprayed the weeds for me… I was like “No! Of course not!” I mean, really, I would pay someone to come tend to my weeds - and here this nice little lady is gonna’ do it out of the kindness of her heart?! For some reason that just really touched me - I felt very blessed to know such a kind person. So when I got home from work, I saw a pile of dead dandelions on my front porch, which she had pulled up from the flower garden, and my thistle weeds were already looking kinda’ sad - so I think her round-up worked better than mine! I am so blessed! hehe. Once these weeds die, though, I’m just wondering what’s going to stop more weeds from coming back!
Anyway, back to our weekend… tomorrow we’re going to a first communion party for 2 of Chris’ cousins - Lily and Anna Kate. Chloe will love going to this party and getting to play with all her little 2nd cousins again, so that will be fun for us hopefully.
I guess there isn’t much else on the agenda… I hope you have a good weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment