Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The last couple days...

It’s Wednesday already, which means I have a lot of catching up to do! When I last wrote it was Saturday and the day was going well… That night we went out to dinner with my sister & husband and my Mom and step-Dad and we went to the good Mexican restaurant Chris and I just went to 2 weekend’s before, with his family! It’s clear why we don’t take the girls out very often - Maya cannot sit still and wants to play with everything on the table, and Chloe isn’t really that bad, but she does get antsy. After eating, we came back & shared our presents with my Mom and enjoyed the delicious chocolate cake I made. :)

Sunday, Mother’s Day, was nothing out of the ordinary… The best part was probably how the girls planted pansies in styrofoam cups and decorated them with stickers at Church and then gave them to me when we picked them up after the service. It was beautiful and cute. You could tell the teachers decorated Maya’s cup for her, cuz it had little stickers with Bible verses all over it, but arranged & stuck on perfectly - and Chloe’s cup was surely decorated just by her, with lots of little smiley face stickers stuck ALL over the little cup. hehe. It was cute. Chris didn’t do anything for me out of the ordinary, which I expected, but still hurt my feelings. I know I told him all I wanted was to buy my flats of flowers and not have to worry about how much they cost, which is what I did on Saturday… but a nice Mother’s Day card from my kids, with their names scribbled inside would’ve been really nice. It’s the thought and the effort that means something, you know? I don’t care about gifts. So for him to not even take a moment to pick up a card at the store, or help the kids make one with some crayons, really hurt my feelings. It’s not easy being a Mom (as many of you know!) and it is nice to have 1 day out of the year be shown you are appreciated for all you do. But I didn’t get that. I’m not looking for pity - I know I am SO incredibly blessed to have the husband & children I do… but sometimes human nature just gets the best of you and you just want a card & some special attention on the day you are told you’re supposed to get it. :) I cried when I went to bed that night (though I was incredibly tired, making me more emotional) but I was over it by Monday morning. Life goes on.

So on Monday it wasn’t a really nice day to play outside, and the girls were cranky & sort of going ‘stir crazy’ so I came up with the idea to take them to the Church I work at to visit with people, and just run up & down the long hallways & get rid of some built up energy! Gail, my nice co-worker and the woman who works as Secretary on the days I’m not there, suggested we go down to the nursery & play and I was glad she said we could! The girls are always happy in a new environment, and especially with lots of toys they’ve never seen. :) So we played in there for about an hour and by then it was close to lunch time, so we packed up & left for home. Well, you know how I love wasting my personal spending money on eating out, so of course we picked up lunch on the way home. Figuring I’d spend almost $5 on food from McDonald’s for Chloe & I, I decided it’d be a better deal to get a $5 hot-n-ready pizza from Little Caesar’s (you gotta’ love those!) What fun that was… So Chloe and I enjoyed lots of cheese pizza for lunch and it was delicious! Chris even stopped home randomly to pick up some materials for a job, so he got to have a slice of pizza, too! The rest of Monday went okay… and I got to leave the house that evening and enjoy some ‘me’ time by going to the book study with my sister. I greatly enjoyed it again… though I always get in trouble for getting home too late. It’s supposed to last from 7 to 8:15 or so, so then I’d be home by around 8:30 to help get the girls in bed… but lately we have been going over and I don’t get home till close to 9. Chris is always mad at me for that. It’s hard. What can I say to him, I’m sorry we prayed too long? Oh well. Life goes on. I will pray for my husband.

Tuesday was Chris’ birthday. Though he didn’t want me to, I made him a special breakfast. I asked him Monday night if he wanted something special for breakfast in the morning and he said no, cuz then I would expect something special on my birthday and he wouldn’t be able to live up to my standards. So I said, “So pretty much you don’t want me to do anything special for you so that you don’t have to do anything special for me?” I think he laughed when I worded it that way… but I’m pretty certain that is what he was getting at. Anyway, I made him homemade chocolate chip muffins at 7:30 that morning with the girls pulling on me & whining the entire time, just so he could take them to work with him, warm out of the oven. And then for dinner I surprised him (slightly) and Merin came over & babysat so we could go to Texas Roadhouse. He was happy I had surprised him with this and planned it all without him knowing it. We had a wonderful meal; we both had steak and were feeling stuffed when we left! It was a nice time, though he kept wanting me to stop at every bar we passed on the way home and buy him a shot for his birthday. I kept saying “Are you kidding me?” We can have fun without drinking, I kept telling him. He just told me that he’s going to go out on Saturday night & celebrate then. Ohh, I pray for my husband.

So now it’s Wednesday and I’m at work. It’s a rainy & dreary day so I don’t feel much like working, but here I sit. I hope you are having a good week so far!

No comments: