Friday, May 9, 2008

Gardening, Mother's Day and Birthday plans!

Well I haven't completely enjoyed my work week this week... everyday I'm here has seemed to drag on & on as I wait for 5:00 to arrive. I look forward greatly to the weekend.

Tonight we are gonna' get Max & Erma's take-out for dinner - there was a $5 coupon in the newspaper yesterday so we'll once again get a good deal.. yea! However, the last 3 times, they've somehow managed to screw up our order, which is discouraging. We go there practically every week (well we don't exactly go, we get take-out) and our meals used to be perfect each time, but perhaps they have some new people in the kitchen or something cuz it isn't the case lately. I guess at least we aren't paying much for our 'screwed up' orders. :)

Tomorrow it's finally supposed to be nice out again - warmer & sunny, so hopefully we can make the trek to the greenhouse in the morning and get flats of flowers for my gardens! It's the Mother's Day weekend tradition that I greatly love. And then at lunch time, I hope to get together with my Mom and sister to celebrate Mother's Day with my lovely mother. :) So yes, I am looking forward to tomorrow. I guess it's not supposed to be real nice on Sunday, though, so the actual planting of my flowers will have to wait...

Sunday evening we will get together at Chris' parents house and celebrate Mother's day over dinner - I think we'll be throwing some lasagna's in the oven and have salad, so Chris' Mom doesn't have to cook. Sometimes I focus so much on the mother's in our lives and celebrating them, that I completely forgot that it's my day, too.. yes, I'm a Mom! Maybe that's good of me - cuz I don't need to be selfish.. and I shouldn't expect any royal treatment from Chris or the girls, since expecting it to be a 'special day' for me or a 'day of rest' will only lead me to be disappointed. :) So I guess I should just focus on loving & serving the Mom's in my life and forget about the fact that I'm a Mom, too! That's okay.

And of course I'm also pre-occupied lately with thinking of Chris' birthday which is coming up on Tuesday! He'll be the big '28' this year. :) (And so will I, but not till July!) I will hope that Chris doesn't read my blog and tell you that I'm excitedly planning a 'surprise dinner date' for his birthday! Merin is able to watch the girls so we can have a date night and enjoy celebrating his birthday just the 2 of us. Now I just have to decide what restaurant we should go to, and pray that it remains a surprise until then! How fun -- I can't wait!

Well, it's finally time for my weekend to begin... I hope you have a good one!

No comments: