Thursday, May 8, 2008

HOW annoying is that!?

So here’s the story of why I'm annoyed...

Today I wanted to go somewhere on my lunch break so I rounded up some gift cards for stores at the mall which is 5 minutes from where I work and went on a trip. First I was excited because I had a gift card for The Gap which we got 3 years ago when we sold our house, and our realtor gave me, Chris and Chloe each a gift card for $25 at our closing - well, I never spent Chloe’s card, which was for BabyGap, and I wasn’t sure if they deducted any money from it for not using it in 3 years and when I checked online, it was still good for $25 - so that made me happy! And when I was cleaning a week go, I found an old purse, which had a super old gift card in it for Dillard’s and when I called the gift card hotline today, I found out it was still good for $5.29! How exciting! haha. So off I went to the mall on my half hour lunch break - ready to make some ‘free’ purchases. The first annoying part of my shopping trip is that our mall is so huge that if you don’t know where the store is you’re going to, you could walk FOREVER, which I did. First I parked on the opposite side of the mall than where the store is… then I went in the wrong direction inside so I walked in a circle.. Now mind you, I only have a short half hour lunch break! hah. I first went to BabyGap, but found nothing - I cannot justify spending $10 on a pair of shorts my child is only going to wear for a matter of months! So I went to the regular Gap and was not impressed - everything is SO overpriced in that store, it’s insane. I’m not gonna’ spend $45 on a tank top kind of shirt! So yeah, I finally find the clearance rack, where everything is a size 0 or 2 - and everything that’s not is questionable and I wouldn’t know how to wear even! So I wandered to the men’s side and got Chris a pair of flip flops on clearance for $6.99. That was the extent of my use of my $25 gift card. By now I had no time to walk all the way down to Dillard’s and search & search for something cheap which I knew would be quite difficult since everything in there is usually overpriced as well. :) So I left the Gap and stumbled upon Bath & Body Works and saw their Wallflower things (like Glade Plug-Ins) were on sale and since I use them all the time, I went in and bought myself some and bought a package for Chris’ Mom as well, for Mother’s Day. Finally a good deal! But since I was feeling slightly discouraged at how my brief shopping trip went, I felt like treating myself at the Dairy Queen/Orange Julius place… and I’ve never been there, so I scanned the menu for the cheapest item and saw a simple sundae was $1.99 so I ordered a hot fudge sundae, and well, stupid me, didn’t read the fine print on the menu and nuts & whipped cream were 30 cents extra a piece - now I’m thinking… HOW overpriced is every store in this ENTIRE mall!?! Gee whiz. So I should’ve said "nevermind" to the nuts & whipped cream offer, but I didn’t and was just mad instead, that I got the smallest, stupidest little sundae for almost $3.00!!! UGH! I’m telling you, the $1 sundae’s at McDonald’s are better than this…. not to mention twice the size, too! So I had, like, 3 bites of ice cream that didn’t even taste that great and threw the rest away. So I wasted my money and for that I’m very mad. For the same price, I could've walked down to the Tropical Smoothie Grill and got my favorite strawberry dacquiri drink which would've lasted me almost the whole afternoon and it would’ve tasted SO much better! So THAT was the most annoying part of my shopping experience today. I hate wasting money - I admit that I waste money too much splurging on food for myself, but this was the ultimate waste today. So, anyhow, that was my lunch break today in a nutshell. Don’t you just love how I make short stories long? :)

Well, at least this day is going super quick. Even though the clergy are still out of town, the phone has rang & rang all day and even though it's nice to be busy, it's to the point of driving me so crazy that now I’m dizzy. I tell ya! I hate feeling dizzy, it’s awful... I just get this way when I get real stressed - but it doesn't happen everytime I'm stressing, only once in a while.

Well, I better get back to my To Do list here... Thanks for listening to me rant & rave...

No comments: