Thursday, May 22, 2008

Random thoughts & potty training update!

So I just had a yummy lunch of Barry Bagel’s vegetable cream cheese on a bagel and some potato chips. My wonderful Mom stopped there to pick up some of this delicious cream cheese for me, at 8 a.m. this morning! How blessed am I?

So this morning my Mom noticed we have a leak… there was a little puddle of water on an end table in the basement, right above the ceiling where the pipes are that lead to the upstairs bathroom. Before Chris left for work I told him about it and he thinks it’s the toilet that is leaking , so we know what he will be busy doing tonight. UGH.

Last night I finally got to plant my flowers in our backyard flower bed! It went super fast and Chris played with the girls in the backyard while I did it.. however Maya just absolutely wanted to play in the dirt (she’s such an opposite of her sister who hates getting dirty!) It’s looking really nice now, and I’m so glad I finally got it done. Now we just have to buy mulch for it and we’ll be done… and onto the next project for Chris.

Tomorrow night we’re having a couple from Church over and their little boy Noah, who will be 2 in July! We haven’t seen them at Church much and they couldn’t come to our last get together of “couples with kids” from Church, so they are coming over tomorrow night for pizza and to hang out and let the kids play together. That will be fun since we don’t get together with friends very often at all.

Saturday and Sunday we don’t have much planned - we may get together with Chris’ family Sunday night to celebrate Chris’ Dad’s birthday. And then - praise the Lord - Monday is a day off for everyone - including my over-worked husband!! One of Chris’ cousin’s graduated from high school so they’re having his grad. party on Monday, so I suppose we’ll go to that at least for a bit.. and let Chloe have a ball playing with the little girls again.

So - here is some exciting news (if you haven't read my long entry from yesterday, read that first!) - potty-training is going marvelously well for Chloe - though I’m nervous to broadcast that statement!! Children are so silly, you never know if they might just go back to their ‘old’ ways at some point… so let’s hope the trend continues! We just started putting underwear on her for a full day, starting yesterday, Wednesday (except for naptime & bedtime) and it’s amazing how quickly she has caught on. A few times she has even made it to the potty before even going at ALL in her underwear!! YEA!! I knew she would be a quick learner. We’re still concerned about the pooping part, though, as I’ve heard lots of stories about constipated little ones because they won’t poop on the potty, only in their diapers! At least if she is holding it, when the diaper is put on her at naptime, she will have the opportunity to poop in her diaper if she has to. haha. I can’t believe I’m typing this. But I’m sure other Mothers out there reading my blog and going through similar times, will appreciate these details, though! hah. Last night when putting on her pj’s, I got a diaper out for Chloe & she said “Thank YOU Mommy!!” so excitedly - like it was a treat to wear a diaper. Oh dear… haha. And Maya still wants to sit on the potty chair after Chloe does, and then pick up the cup and throw it in the toilet as well… Oh boy. I think the best part about all this is that I think Chloe feels proud of herself and has a new confidence… if that makes any sense.. When she is sitting on the potty chair and starts to hear it trickle in the cup, she gets the BIGGEST smile on her face - and it’s an adorable, genuine smile we don’t see super often and it’s just priceless. hehe. I'm so proud of my little girl! (I suppose I should say 'big girl' now!)

Well, enough about pottying - I have lots to do at work and should get back!

No comments: