And during this experience, Chris stayed home with the girls & didn't end up taking them to his parents - I think he figured it was more effort than it'd be worth. When I got home around 9:30 or so, I walked into a completely dark & silent house which was weird... and I found that even Chris was in bed sleeping already!! I was amazed - I can't even recall the last time he went to sleep that early! I woke him up so he'd know I got home and he said he was going to have to work in the morning and be at the job by 9 a.m. so I guess that was why he had went to sleep already. (And I think the kids may have completely worn him out!)
So that brings us to today! Maya was up by 7:15 and so I got up with her and then made coffee and pancakes and then woke Chris up at 8... and he was off to work by 9.... the job took much longer than he figured and instead of getting home by lunch time, he got home after all 3 of us were in bed, taking our afternoon naps. But I was able to give the girls' baths this morning, and I even made homemade brownies before laying down for a nap. So at least I got something accomplished while he was working.
When Chris got home during our naps, I was amazed that he actually worked outside instead of coming in and relaxing - he pulled all the half-dead weeds out of the front flower bed and did some nice edging so we'd be ready to install some stones to make the flower bed distinctly separate from the lawn, which it never has been, so the mulch usually starts to invade the grass and it just doesn't look the greatest. So anyway, when I got up from napping and saw him out there, I was so happy. And it looks so nice already out front - I am excited to plant flowers in a few weeks! :)
After the girls woke up, we packed up the diaper bag & went to Chris' aunt & uncle's house for the 1st communion parties. It was fun - lots of good food (I mean LOTS! :) and Chloe loved playing with the kids and they have lots of toys there since the party was at the aunt & uncle's house who have 6 kids - so there was plenty for the girls to play with! Since the party started at 3, by 6:45 or so it was sort of winding down and we left... and decided to drive to Menard's - seemingly our favorite Saturday night hang-out? We bought some bags of top soil, some Preen (to prevent the weeds!) and we got 80 light-brown colored stones that are kinda' rounded, but have a notch cut out of them, so they fit together nicely and we will use those to edge our front garden. It's gonna' look nice!
Then we came home and it was time for the girls' snacks and putting them in bed... and now here I sit! Since 9:00, I have done a load of laundry and washed the dishes and now my bed is calling my name..
Chris just left to meet 2 of his high school friends at a bar - he usually meets up with the one, but the other guy is just in town for the weekend. This has become a Saturday night routine for Chris - one that I don't particuarly like - but I am not going to tell my husband what to do or not do. I can tell him my opinion and then I have to let him make his own decisions. Please say a prayer for him - that he would find some other quality friends who are Christians and don't want to simply go out drinking and hanging out at the bars on the weekend!
Anyhow, as for the end to our weekend... tomorrow we go to Church in the morning and it's going to be nice outside supposedly, so Alex is coming over to cut the grass at some point and hopefully Chris and I can work on the outside gardens some more and finally get our 2 new bushes planted!That's the update on our lives for now....
No comments:
Post a Comment