It's been a happy Saturday! Maya slept in till 7:50 - Wow! - and then we got up and did our usual Saturday routine - made pancakes and then woke up Daddy to eat... Then we got ready and went to Wal-Mart to get some more bags of top soil and mulch for a good price, and then came home, unloaded the car, and packed the girls back up and drove the distance to the wonderful greenhouse! It was full of people because they have such a huge selection of flowers and reallly low prices! So it was a wonderful Mother's day gift for me to get to go here - I got $60 worth of flowers, though $12 of that was on a hanging basket for Chris' Mom which is super huge & just gorgeous! It was so much fun, though crazy trying to hold onto the girls while looking for flowers! Maya kept wanting to pull the little white flower tags out of each of the plants! On the way home we stopped at Wendy's and I splurged and got a chicken sandwich instead of my $1 cheeseburger like usual (I decided today was 'my day' and I'd treat myself - haha) So we came home, ate lunch and then everyone laid down for a nap and I decided to skip my nap in order to plant some of my flowers! It was a hard decision, since I cherish my naptime, but the weather is SOOO beautiful today - perfect temperature & everything, so I figured I should not sleep through the nice day but enjoy it outside - all by myself! So that's what I did and I got almost ALL my flowers planted in front of the house... I still have to do the backyard flower bed and the side of the house, but at least I got the front done, which people see the most, and I am proud of myself and I'm happy how it's turning out so far - just beautiful!
So I came in and my energy didn't wear off (surprise!) and I was able to empty the dishwasher and got out all the ingredients and stuff to make a chocolate cake! This was a spontaenous idea... but I thought after we go out for dinner with my Mom and sister & everyone this evening, I thought maybe we could come back here for dessert and to give my Mom her gifts. :) So I am accomplishing alot today, and that completely makes me feel good. So in my mind, today is Mother's Day and it is everything I was hoping for and I'm enjoying it... so praise the Lord!
Any minute now the girls should be waking up from their naps and then I can turn on my mixer and start making my cake! :) Hope you are having a good day, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment