
I can’t believe it’s Wednesday already. Well, here goes, as I try to remember what I’ve done for the past 4 days! :)
Last Saturday Chris’ Mom had the idea to go to a park that is about a half hour or so away and have a picnic, after the girls woke up from their naps. She offered to pack us each little homemade sub sandwiches and we said we’d take dessert, which ended up being rice krispie treats. :) I was excited - it sounded like fun… Joe and Merin also went, Chris’ brother and wife, and it was lots of fun - though incredibly windy which made it a little chilly! But still fun… I captured some cute pictures, as you can see below (and the pretty one above)! Unfortunately this park didn’t have a playground, so on the way home, we stopped at a park closer to our house which does have a big play area and the girls had even more fun. And then, what a treat, we got to stop and get ice cream on the way home! It was a long, and fun day.
Uncle Joe and Aunt Merin holding our girls.
A picture of our family, minus Chris' sister Allison who was working, and Chris' Mom, who was taking the picture! From Left: Joe, Chris' Dad & Maya, Merin & Chloe, Alex, and Chris & I.
And below is another cute picture of Merin, Joe and the girls. (I think they're going to be great parents! )

On Sunday we had a Church picnic at the park, which my friend Erin and I (and others) had been planning for quite a while - we’ve been quite busy advertising it at Church… and the weather wasn’t the greatest - but we still had a good turn-out -- about 70 people! So that was good… but again, the weather was cold and it even rained off and on - so not the best “picnic at the park” weather. After the picnic, the 4 of us went home & took much needed naps - 2 days at the park and playing on playgrounds can wear you out big-time! Then Sunday night we took our usual trip to the grocery store and took both girls with us… they usually aren’t too bad - Chris and I always get 2 separate carts cuz if we put both girls in the cart, there would be no room for food!
Monday came and it was time to visit the pre-school! I gave both girls baths and then we hopped in the van and drove to the Church where the pre-school is. We saw all the rooms and they were decorated real nice & were really big & impressive, and the first room we walked in, Chloe immediately took off her coat and hung it on one of the little coat hooks where each child gets their own cubby hole & stuff! So cute! She was ready to stay & play! haha. So we weren’t there long, just long enough to meet all the teachers, who were busy cleaning up since it was the end of the school year for them, and we got the paperwork to fill out and went home. As soon as we got home, I filled it out, wrote a check for the registration fee, and stuck it in the mailbox. Now I’m awaiting the “official” e-mail that Chloe is registered and will start there in the Fall!
On Tuesday, it was a “bored” day and we decided for something different to go visit my Mom - since she always comes to our house, we never get to go to hers - so I packed up the girls and we drove down there. The girls love being in a different environment, so they were happy as can be and Chloe helped Grandma make chocolate chip cookies, which turned out fabulous! We ate our lunch there & then left for home around naptime, so that meant Maya fell asleep on the way, which was nice. The girls were both good and it was great to do something different (not to mention get help with my kids for the morning!)
And now I’m to Wednesday… Wow! So I went to Wal-Mart today on my lunch break and got Chloe a 10 pack of ‘big girl panties’ - cuz yes, the potty-training has begun at our house! The pull-ups don’t work for her - I think it’s because they feel too much like diapers, as they absorb the potty & what-not, so the only way to train her to use the potty chair, is to have her feel her big girl underwear get wet, and then she usually stops pottying & runs to the toilet to finish the job. :) So we go through LOTS of underwear, and sometimes lots of pants - but it has to happen sometime! So now that I bought a bunch more today, we have a good supply of underwear for her and I won’t be doing laundry every 5 seconds in order to potty train her. She is doing really good so far - I just worry about the whole pooping thing! haha. She usually goes & sits behind the same rocking chair every time she poops in her diaper, so she just has to learn to go to the potty chair instead of behind the rocking chair! haha. I really don’t look forward to cleaning up poop accidents! I don’t know what I’ll do.. Ick! So I am excited - I think she will catch on quickly and will not be one of those kids that takes months & months to potty-train. Perhaps the more she goes on her little potty chair, the more she will like wearing big girl panties - cuz typically it’s a bit of a struggle to get her to wear them - she will say “No! Diaper!” cuz she wants to wear a diaper instead. How odd, eh? So, anyway, that’s the news at our house.
Not much else is going on… Maya is still getting into trouble constantly and her latest thing is climbing up onto the kitchen chairs and then from there onto the table! Ahh!! It’s a whole new world to explore on the table, you know, lots of important paperwork of Daddy’s to play with and pens to try & scribble all over the table with… Oh dear… The challenges never end at our house! Guess I’ll end it here… Hope your week is going good so far...


No comments:
Post a Comment