So it’s a busy Thursday for me…. I have much work to do today, since tomorrow I am taking the day off because my step-Grandma passed away and tomorrow morning is her funeral. My sister and I are going to go with both girls, so let’s say a prayer that they behave well during it. Chris is probably not going to make it, with his work schedule being so busy right now.
So I can’t wait for Spring to come… Yesterday it was sunny & nice, but not real warm, but when I got home from work, I put the girls hats & coats on and we went outside anyway. I got out some things they haven’t seen since last Fall - Chloe’s tricycle and a little baby stroller for Maya to push. Chloe still can’t get the hang of riding her tricycle, it just frustrates her, so she took over pushing the stroller & Maya just enjoyed running freely down the sidewalk! I can’t wait for warmer weather & playing outside constantly - the girls will have so much together!
Today I went to Wal-Mart on my lunch break and I bought Chloe this little pink dress with Minnie Mouse on it that came with these cute stretchy capri pants to wear underneath. I figured a little dress & pants for only $7 was a good deal, and sometimes I just can’t resist buying my girls cute clothes that are on clearance! (It's a real weakness!) I can justify buying new clothes for Chloe more than I can for Maya, since at least we know anything Chloe can wear, Maya will eventually wear, too (and probably just a few months later - haha!) I also went to Rally’s and got a Rallyburger & fries for $2.50. Yes, I know it clogs my arteries real good, but it’s so cheap and it tastes good! I also splurged & got a 20 oz. coke from the pop machine at Wal-Mart and I wanted a sprite, but after putting my dollar in, it told me that the sprite was sold-out (how annoying!) and so I opted for my #2 choice - a cherry coke - which was also sold out - so I ended up with plain old coke - - ick -- not my pick at all!! Oh well. Oh, I also bought a really awesome picture frame at Wal-Mart that was $16 - more than I usually spend on frames - but it’s so beautiful and it would look awesome on one of our bare dining room walls… with the picture of the girls in it. Now I just hope the picture fits in it! We have three 10 x 13 pictures from the ones just taken and they don’t make ANY 10 x 13 frames it seems - I saw a whole 2 that size of the million frames at the store! Crazy.
Anyway, this is probably the last time I’ll be posting for a while - since tomorrow will be busy and I don’t usually have time on the weekends to post….
So here’s our weekend plans... This Saturday night we’re having our “friends with kids” from church over… which we haven’t done in a LONG time. The last time we all got together for dinner and for the kids to play with each other, the one couple with twin girls the same age as Chloe, were expecting baby #3… and now their baby is almost 7 months old! So yes, it’s been a while… and since everyone's coming to our house, it will give us a reason to clean (and also inspires Chris to continue to work on the kitchen!) He got ALL the tiles finally installed the other night - now he just needs to finish grouting, and then apply the last clear coat to protect the tiles. We’re almost done! (And then, of course, it will be “onto the next project” for Chris… UGH.) Anyway, back to our weekend plans… On Sunday night Erin and I have declared a meeting of the “Fellowship Board” which we are both on at Church. We haven’t planned any big events in a while, so we had the idea to have a church picnic following the service one Sunday in May… And we are going to ask people to bring their own picnic lunch and just meet at the park nearby and bring their own frisbee, or whatever and just have fun! I can’t wait - I love organizing things like this and creating ‘fellowship’ opportunities for the nice people at church!
Well, I should get back to work now… I hope you have a good weekend.. And please continue to pray for my step-Dad, John, and his brothers and sister as they cope with the loss of their mom.
1 comment:
I also don't have the time to go to stores for 10x13 frames. I got to www.myframestore.com they have great prices too.
Sure this helps you in the future!
Post a Comment