Sunday, April 27, 2008

A good weekend...













Maya and her new little friend Gavin, who is 4 1/2 months old!



































This is my new husband! (haha) After we took this, we realized how funny it was going to look, as if Justin and I have 3 kids together - this is my friend Amanda's husband.. and their baby! (Ignore how wind-blown and horrible I look!)



















What a weekend it has been! The weather has been much nicer than I thought it'd be so that's a blessing... On Friday night after supper we went to a different park and met my friend Amanda there and her husband Justin, and their 4 1/2 month old, Gavin. He is a little chunk.. hehe... he only weighs a few pounds less than Maya! But he's a cutie and he loved swinging next to Maya in the infant swings and we all had fun playing, though this playground had very old equipment and it wasn't half as nice as the park really close to our house. After playing for a bit, it was getting close to Gavin's bed time so we said goodbye and then drove to the nearest ice cream place, where Chloe always gets pink ice cream that she loves (it's vanilla soft serve and then they mix raspberry flavoring in it - yum!) And I splurged and got a reese's peanut butter cup sundae and Chris got a jamocha shake. It was SOOOO good - the best sundae ever - and it was much fun. :)

On Saturday we didn't play outside much because the weather wasn't super warm, but it was super windy... so in the morning we went to Kohl's because EVERYthing we bought last weekend was on sale for even cheaper, so we did the 'price adjustment' thing, which took 20 long minutes, but in the end it was worth it - we got $17 back!! After that, we went to Quizno's and got a delicious lunch to take home & eat, and then we took naps. For dinner, we went out with Chris' parents & Alex to a mexican restaurant a few minutes from home - and the girls wouldn't eat anything of course - but we got this huge corner booth they were able to play in while the rest of us ate. Luckily this restaurant always has fast service and good food, so we didn't have to deal with our antsy or cranky children too long. :)

After dinner we went to Menard's, and we bought 2 new perennials to plant in our backyard. One is a lilac bush and another is called a spirea bush I believe, which will get pretty pink flowers on it mid-summer. I love buying flowers/plants that I know will come up year after year - I usually spend so much money on annuals, which die after summer time, and it's nice to plant things that are not a waste of money.

Today we went to Church and the girls were good (we now leave Maya in the nursery the whole time and she does just fine!) After we got home, it was pretty nice out so we all went on a walk and then played outside in the backyard for a bit. I moved some things around in the garden & cleaned up a little and it was nice to be outside and enjoy family time & such. Now everyone is sleeping which means I should be, too... so I'm gonna' end this here!

Hope your weekend's going well! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for comin out! Gavin loved meeting his new friends!! We need to do that more often. Love the pictures!