Wednesday, January 9, 2008

2 updates in 2 days - Wow!

So it’s about 4:00 on Wednesday afternoon and I’m sitting here updating my blog instead of working! There is no one in the Office so I don’t feel like working. :)

Anyway, I forgot to mention about me & Chris going out last Friday night! It was fun - except Chris wasn’t in a ‘normal’ shopping mood like usual. We returned a few things to Kohl’s and then we got Maya a cute shirt and Chloe a cute shirt and pair of pants… I tend to buy more ‘new’ outfits for Chloe since at least I know Maya will grow into them and they’ll get worn twice! :) And Maya is a little chunk and growing like a weed, so I don’t buy her new clothes as often since they don’t last long! After that we stopped at Panera on the way home and splurged & Chris went off his strict diet by having a big yummy bagel, but he also got a strawberry smoothie with it - made with organic low-fat yogurt - so that was okay for him! It was fun for us… not a typical thing we would do - but life changes when your diet changes! So that was a fun outing for us…

Chris has gotten more done in the dining room - the big wood dining room table we had in the basement has come upstairs and we now realized that indeed, it’s too big for our little room. Chris was thinking it would be too big, but I wanted to see just how it’d fit in there anyway. He was going to make a ‘eat-in’ bench around 2 of the 3 walls since there’s no way we could fit chairs around the whole table… but it just seems it’d be a little tight with the huge table in there. So I don’t know what we’ll do… now he’s talking about making a table (ahh - I hate the thought of it - sounds way too time consuming!) So we’ll see. Last night he started nailing wood boards to the wall, we are putting up pine boards from the ground to about 3 feet up the wall and then we’ll put up a chair railing. And the rest of the wall will be the textured wall, painted cream. So these pine boards will tie in how our family room looks - I’m sure you’ve seen in various pictures that our family room walls are knotty pine - not exactly paneling - because it’s a bunch of individual pieces of wood. So anyhow, the dining room continues to be transformed.

Other news… tomorrow Chris is seeing a new surgeon to get a second opinion. His appt. was ‘spose to be today, but the surgeon had to go in for surgery - imagine that - so he had to reschedule it. Let’s hope this guy has some encouraging answers for us!

I am happy that tonight I don’t have to cook - actually creating meals from scratch every night sure drains you after a while (hah!) And if Chris were reading this, he would laugh since he has been a HUGE help in making half our dinner meals lately! Anyway, tonight we are going to Chris’ parents for dinner, which we typically do one night a week. I greatly enjoy going there for a meal - I get a slight break from my children and I get to enjoy eating a homemade and balanced meal - usually complete with dessert! So, that is what I’m looking forward to right now… I’m getting hungry just thinking about it! :)

No comments: