Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Tuesday night

It's Tuesday night and I actually have a few minutes to write cuz Chris is putting Maya to bed (instead of me for a change!) So the Bible study on Sunday night was awesome - it was about wisdom for wives and just wonderful... and overall I realized that I'm not a very good wife. Proverbs 21, verse 9 reads "Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a quarrelsome wife." I showed it to Chris when I got home and asked, "Do you feel like this sometimes?" And he laughed, but shook his head yes. :) I tend to nag and nag & probably just wear him out sometimes with my demands & my negativity. He just puts up with it. The woman teaching the Bible study said it's almost better to have a husband that will talk back to you, rather than hold it all in - cuz then he's like a ticking time bomb and you don't know when he's just going to get fed up with your attitude and just give up on your marriage. Sounded sad & kinda' scary to me... and I knew I needed to change the kind of wife I am & change now.

Another verse to consider: 1 Corinthians 7, verse 28 says "But those who marry will face many troubles in this life." hah! Bet you never read that one before! I don't think I had. So yeah, it's a guarantee that marriage will not be easy and you're in for a rough road if you choose to marry. I also learned that a wife's words can totally tear down her husband (or build him up!) - and a man's self esteem is a powerful thing and I must choose my words carefully. Our mouths can make or break our marriage! So, this is a conclusion I came to: no wonder Chris' health is the way it is lately. Given his overwhelming workload & the stress of owning 2 businesses, and his always nagging & complaining wife when he is home... who wouldn't be physically sick? Poor guy. So I am praying that I can be a different wife this week - so different that he will WANT me to go to this Bible study again next Sunday night and learn more. He will not dread me leaving the house - he will want me to have that time to myself to learn & grow.. So pray for me in this aspect. :)

In other news - not much else is going on.... I have been enjoying my children alot more lately... I think a major reason is because I started back on my anxiety medicine over a week ago. It has greatly helped and though I didn't want to go back on the medicine, I am now glad I did. I don't lose my temper as often or as frequently and I feel like I can handle them better. It's a good feeling.

P.S. My pumpkin chocolate chip cookies turned out wonderfully - I made them last night at 8:30! I was SOO proud of myself that I made homemade cookies. We are big fans at our house of pillsbury & nestle cookies that come refrigerated & you just throw them on the cookie sheet & bake 'em! I think the last time I made homemade cookies was 5 years ago - when Chris & I were first married & I was trying to impress him and I had more time on my hands! hehe. So anyway, it was encouraging to me to bake something so wonderful that Chris also said were good!

Well, I better go get Chloe in bed now... Hope you're having a good week so far...

No comments: