Well we’ve come to the conclusion that doctors are stupid. Chris called me after leaving the doctor’s office this morning and he was raging mad - I mean absolutely furious. You would be mad, too, if you felt sick all the time and yet every doctor declares you as healthy as can be and will do nothing for you. They write him off saying that all his tests came back fine and they do not offer any alternatives or any answers for how he is feeling. We are frustrated; we are back at square one. I am SO tired of searching for answers on my own - I want the doctors to figure it out already. I spent half my morning searching the internet - reading more & more articles, looking up more & more medical terms & conditions, and trying to find the answers. I decided I was going to buy Chris some multi-vitamins at the store today and a nutritional drink (like Ensure) so we can be sure he is getting all the nutrients & vitamins his body needs (and isn’t getting by being on this silly diet.) The doctor today told him that he doesn’t think Chris had a gallbladder attack back in November - he thinks he had some kind of virus and that this virus is just hanging on, which it can do for up to a few months. That is unheard of to us. I feel like I am a million times smarter than these doctors right now, just from doing some stupid internet research! So, that’s the latest. My frustrated husband would now like to throw the low-fat diet out the window completely, eat all fast food for a week, get violently ill and go throw up on these doctors desks. Nice, eh? That is his solution right now. I feel so bad for him and I guess by the time all is said & done, you will be able to call me Dr. Kim… cuz I’ll be smarter & brighter than those who have went to school for 10 years and gotten degrees in their medical fields. :)
1 comment:
Hi Kim, I'm sorry for your frustrating doctors experiences. I'd be so mad, too. I did want to tell you, though, that a couple of years ago I did have a virus that lasted a few months. Mine was something that attacked my joints and it was like I had really bad arthritis for between two and three months, and then it was gone--just a virus. Not that I think your husband's gall bladder issue is a virus, but I wanted to let you know that they do exist, so maybe there's a slight possibility that that's what it is and it will just go away like mine did. I hope it goes away sooner, though!!!
Post a Comment