Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tuesday

It's Tuesday morning.. and I don't know where to start even... I feel like I haven't updated in so long!

On Sunday we went to Church and for the first time, we left Maya in the nursery along with her sister! I took her in half-way through the service, and entered during 'story time' where all the little ones, including Chloe, are sitting on carpet squares while their teacher is well, teaching them! They were talking about how they are growing and how God is helping them grow... and then they sang a song which went like this "I am growing, I am growing..." and not one kid was singing except Chloe! She is also the oldest in the class, though, too! It was so CUTE and I was proud of my child and it even clearly sounded like "I am growing!" What is funny is we've been telling her lately at home how she is getting bigger, cuz she can bump her head on things now that she used to be short enough to walk under! So her favorite word lately is "bigger!" So as they were talking about how God is helping them grow at Church on Sunday, Chloe kept saying "bigger! bigger!" It was funny. It's always fun to watch your child interact with other children and see how she behaves in a learning environment. For the most part she was good and had okay manners! Her favorite phrase has become "Thank you!" just in the last week or so... and that's wonderful to hear! She even knows just when to say it.... and it's adorable. Most of the time I don't even have to remind her...

On to yesterday... my Mom came and picked up Chloe around 4:00 and took her back to her house to spend the night! Wow! What a welcome break for us... we realized how much noise and chaos one child can bring, when that child is gone... :) So it was a quiet evening for us! I made a good dinner and we even got out the wine glasses and had sparkling white grape/peach juice (I hate the taste of wine! hehe..) So it was fun, and slightly romantic, though we had Maya sitting next to us in the highchair, choking on fruit puffs! Then I was going to go grocery shopping but Chris wanted to go, too, so we packed up Maya and it went well, since she fell asleep on the way there and slept most of the shopping trip! But because of that, she didn't go to sleep till almost 9:45 (ugh!!) which meant that I had to stay up super late doing laundry & helping Chris with payroll... so I didn't even get in bed till 11:30! Luckily she slept in this morning until after 7:30 instead of the usual 5:30 so that was good. Now we're just waiting for my Mom to bring Chloe back home.

Here are some pictures of what takes place at our house almost every evening.. Chris working on the kitchen, making a mess, and then Chloe helping him mop the floor every night when he's done working! He has all the recessed cans installed now and half the ceiling is covered in wood... it looks like we live in a log cabin! It's pretty cool... since I was nervous how it was gonna' turn out!

I took another video of Maya walking and I was trying to get it so you wouldn't have to tilt your head to see it, but then I flipped the camera up & down and did it the same as last time without even thinking! I will probably post it later anyhow...

Hope you have a good week!

No comments: