Well, I hope you had a wonderful New Years celebration - whatever you did. As long as it was spent with the people you love the most, then it was a good evening! But I must say I think it’s sad that half the world probably spent it getting drunk - there is SO much more to life than drinking so much that you can’t think coherently, you do questionable things, and you feel sick the next day. I don’t understand why people do that and I never will; it's just plain stupid… but I still feel really bad for these kinds of people. And it makes me so incredibly thankful that I did not venture down that path, ever, and I will never experience drunkenness. Amen for that! And just because I am a strong Christian and I never drink alcohol doesn’t mean my life is boring & stupid either. You can have fun and enjoy life without spending your free time drinking… Well, I could go on about my beliefs on this subject forever… but I’ll quit here I guess. :)
Our New Years Eve went okay - Chloe had WAY too much fun playing with her 2nd cousins again and she ran around the house in circles yelling louder than any other child there! We couldn't believe it - she was in rare form to all of Chris’ family. :) I wanted to leave early in the evening, cuz I hadn’t got a nap in that day at all and was extremely tired, and Maya refused to go to sleep at all… so she was cranky & had to be held pretty much the whole time… But Chris was busy playing poker with pennies, with his Uncle’s.. and he didn’t want to stop… So I never really got a break and got to relax or play any games, cuz I was busy watching my children, like usual, so that was disappointing. But we had good food and enjoyed the time with family… and Chris finally let us leave a little before 11:00. Chloe was still wired even then and Maya was awake still, too. UGH! On the way home, it was snowing fiercely and we were driving in the country so we couldn’t see anything more than 2 feet ahead of us and it was SO scary.. I was nervous we’d end up in a ditch. Once we made it to town, though, there were more street lights, and it wasn’t quite as bad. But everything was snow covered and the snow was blowing right into the windshield, which kinda’ mesmerizes you and makes it harder to see. Luckily Maya fell asleep in the car, but Chloe stayed awake the whole trip - she was just too wound up I guess! We got home and put Maya in bed, but Chloe wouldn’t sleep cuz she was so hungry, so she ate graham crackers & milk and sat with Chris and I on the couch.. Since we only had a half hour till midnight - I figured we might as well stay up at that point! And at 11:58, Chloe finally dozed off! She had almost made it - which I couldn’t believe! She slept in till 9:00 the next day, but little Maya was up bright & early at 7 a.m. despite not going to sleep until 11:00! UGH! TOO bad for me!! Chris got to sleep in till 10:30... I’m still waiting for the day when HE gets up early with the girls and I get to sleep past 7:30… I don’t remember the last time I got up at 8:00 or after! Some things about life just aren’t fair.
So New Years Day was a lazy day… Chris decided he was going to texture the walls in the kitchen - he had gotten most of the wallpaper down on the main walls and he had to texture the brand new part, too… and well, he didn’t bother reading any instructions, cuz he usually never does and everything turns out fine, but this time it didn’t. He was ‘spose to spray this stuff on real thick and then ‘knock it down’ so it wasn’t such a lumpy looking surface on the wall, and when he went to scrape it - it just made these big blotchy spots that look terrible. He only screwed up one wall pretty bad - the rest we think might be okay - but it’s still not how we wanted it to look. So when picking out paint color, instead of going with a bold color - we stuck to a ‘country beige’ so that you can’t see the chunky texture so boldly. OH well… That took most of the day yesterday and then we all got some good naps in, too.
Today I’m glad to be at work… The sun is shining and I’m enjoying peace & quiet. I better get back now...
No comments:
Post a Comment