Here's an absolutely adorable picture of the girls!
(Oh how I wish that silly orange paci wasn't in Maya's mouth, though! You can even see a smile under there! hehe..)
This was the week before Christmas... they were playing together and of course Maya mimics her sister constantly!
Maya playing with sisters' hand...
Silly Maya!
Don't worry, Maya is used to this kind of attention from her sister.. being sat on, etc. :)
This was the week before Christmas... they were playing together and of course Maya mimics her sister constantly!
Maya playing with sisters' hand...
Silly Maya!
Don't worry, Maya is used to this kind of attention from her sister.. being sat on, etc. :)
Anyway, the title of my blog entry was a quote from my husband. His parents called at 9:15 on Saturday night and asked if we wanted to come over after Church on Sunday (today) for pancakes. We don't eat pancakes that often, but for some reason we had them this week for dinner, and I made them for breakfast on Saturday morning, too. And here we were, going to eat them for yet another meal! And hence the quote from Chris above. :)
It has been a good weekend - we haven't done much - Chris got the new part of the kitchen painted on Saturday and we all took naps in the afternoon. Today we went to Church and then went to have our pancake brunch and all 10 of us were there! Yep, it was a loud breakfast. :) But it was good... and then we were able to leave the girls there for a while and run to do our grocery shopping, just Chris & I. I was proud of us as I stared at all the groceries on the conveyor belt. Rice cakes, flax & fiber bread, Special K cereal, yogurt... most of it was healthy and that makes me feel good. I realize I don't really need to lose weight really, but when you are used to eating junk food most of the time, it's amazing how much different your body feels after meals, when you are eating healthier.. and it's a good feeling! But I just realized I looked so much for food especially for Chris at the store, that I forgot about planning for my own lunches & snacks and I don't have much to eat here! I just snacked on some pringles, which are just mine, and some sprite. I have a low-fat recipe for pumpkin choc. chip cookies, so we got some ingredients for that - one of them being low-fat caramel flavored yogurt! I hope they turn out good... Chris has been desperately craving cookies so hopefully this will hit the spot for him... whenever I find time to make them!
I would really like to be taking a nap right now but Maya's schedule is all screwed up from not having a morning nap during Church & then napping briefly at lunch time at Chris' parents and so it's 3:00 and she's wide awake & happily playing, and I'm exhausted and greatly needing a nap, while Chris and Chloe snooze away right now! Yes, I always get the raw end of the deal it seems. Tonight I'm going to a women's bible study at Church and my sister's gonna' go with me I think... so that's why Chris said he needed a nap more than I did - since he'll be home alone w/the girls for the evening! So I guess I'll just be falling asleep at the bible study tonight...
Well, I better go see what Maya's getting into now... Hope you had a good weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment