Thursday, January 24, 2008

She loves me!!!

Despite the everyday challenges of parenthood, it is still a most wonderful thing to experience, especially as we raise 2 beautiful & joyful little girls. As I have mentioned before, Chloe is saying new words & phrases on a daily basis (yesterday it was "banana" super clear!) and half the time I forget all the new words she says... But today I will write on my calendar because today is the first time she said the word "love." I was packing mine & Chris' lunches and Chloe was in the highchair eating her pancakes and suddenly I swear I heard her say "I love Grandma." I stopped what I was doing and ran in the other room and said "What did you say??? Say it again!" And she said simply, "I love Grandma." "You love Grandma!?" I asked her. "Uh huh," she replied. So then of course, I asked her who else she loved.... and she could tell I was excited about it, so she excitedly responded & said, "I love Daddy. I love baby. I love Mommy. I love me." And so when Daddy left for work she said to him "I love Daddy" and when Grandma arrived to babysit she said "I love Grandma." And when I left for work she said to me "I love you!" I can tell you that it is the most wonderful words to hear from your own child's mouth. I know she understands what love is, in the simplest sense of the word, and I know she means it... especially since she just said it out of nowhere while eating her pancakes. hehe! She was probably eagerly anticipating Grandma's arrival this morning, like she usually does, and thought to herself, "I love Grandma," and this time the words just happened to come out! YEA!! I am blessed, that's for sure.

As for other news.... Maya is walking more & more all the time.... she is getting braver every day - she is good at climbing stairs and can even go down backwards, once she gets to the top! This is something it usually takes children a long time to master... they get to the top & don't know how to get back down! She is even good at getting off the couch, she will turn around and put one leg down and then the other... it's amazing to me! She is mastering all these things at too fast of a rate if you ask me! :) She is also drinking out of a sippy cup once in a while, usually she loves to play with it; she thinks she's hot stuff since big sister has a sippy cup & now she does... she hasn't mastered the tipping it up high enough to get juice each time... so sometimes she is slurping air, so when I do give her the cup, I usually help her hold it & drink from it. But at least she knows to suck out of it... Chloe could not understand that for a long time, she just wanted to chew on the sippy part instead of suck to drink what was inside! haha. I'm telling ya, the second child does EVERYthing sooner! She also loves graham crackers. She is able to bite little pieces off with her tough gums and itty bitty teeth that are coming in... and she will eat an entire graham cracker as quick as can be! She wants to hold it herself but that's too dangerous - she would stick too much in her mouth, in addition to making a huge mess! So that is the news on 10 month old Maya!

P.S. Last Sunday was Chloe's half birthday, and she is officially only 6 months away from turning 3!! Ahh!! Time sure does fly....

Well, I have 100 things to do here at work so I gotta' go... Have a happy Thursday!

No comments: