Chloe using Daddy's measuring tape on the coffee table & Maya happily watching...
The messy new addition, as of last weekend. It looks a little more finished now.
So, after yesterday's frustrating entry, Chris and I blew the diet & made a frozen pizza for dinner. It didn't make us feel that gross afterward which was surprising. And Chris splurged and had a beer later on - his first one since Thanksgiving! Oh dear.
Tonight we went off the diet again and got Ruby Tuesday take-out. What a treat! Chris got asian glazed salmon with broccoli and rice pilaf and I had a grilled chicken wrap with rice pilaf. So it's not like we ate that unhealthy. I actually tasted Chris' salmon - I have never had salmon except when I was younger and Mom would make 'salmon patties' which doesn't count really... And I was surprised that I liked it! I think I would even consider ordering it at a restaurant! WOW! I might even consider buying it at the store and learning how to cook it at home! Even bigger WOW! haha. It was a good dinner.
Then later this evening I made my second batch of pumpkin cookies - this time w/o chocolate chips and I must say they are better without! It's weird cuz I usually think everything tastes better with chocolate added! They are like eating little muffins... and just wonderful. Between me, Chris & Chloe, I think we ate almost a whole dozen just tonight! (Oh dear!) Chloe was running around crazily saying "Cookie cookie!" and just kept eating & eating... Amazingly she went to bed okay, though a little later than usual. :)
This weekend there isn't much on our schedule... Chris is continuing to work on the dining room all the time... He now has two benches installed - you can even sit on them - though it's just a piece of wood! This weekend we're going to JoAnn Fabrics to buy some thick foam and some material so we can make cushions for the eat-in benches & a few pillows to match, to add that decorative touch I like to do. The hardest part will be Chris & I trying to agree on a color/pattern of fabric! I am so excited for this new little part of my home to decorate!
Well, I need to go spend quality time with my husband now... which means we'll be playing "Uno" for the next half hour. :) Aren't we exciting? Hope you have a good weekend...
No comments:
Post a Comment