Wednesday, September 26, 2007

An update on things

I have so much to write about I don’t know where to start! Well, on Monday my Mom and I took both girls to the doctor for check-up’s. Maya is weighing in at a startling 18 lbs. 14 oz. - on the brink of 19 lbs. - I just can't believe it! Chloe weighed this much when she was a year old and Maya is not even 7 months old yet! Amazing. But it’s confusing me when it comes to dressing her… I had unpacked some of the fall/winter clothes from Chloe’s first fall/winter season (which would be size 6 to 9 months) and I think a lot of them are going to be packed back up now, because Maya is just too big for them! But this also means some of the outfits that Chloe never wore because they were too big, Maya will get to wear, which is nice! But Chloe had some really cute pairs of pants and long sleeve onesies that just totally missed Maya, and it seems Maya might be wearing some of the clothes Chloe just wore last Fall! Anyway, back to the Dr. appt… Chloe is back on the growth chart - in the 5th percentile - so that made the Dr. very happy, as well as us! No more tests or questions about her weight -- Hallelujah! I started her on the prevacid tablets just today, which I guess is going to heal whatever damage occurred to her esophagus, due to acid reflux, and will also take away any symptoms of acid reflux.. like the random vomiting she had once in a blue moon. Chloe was an absolute angel for the nurse & doctor and did really good standing on the scale and getting her height measured and everything else.. The nurse was very impressed! I told her it was because we’ve been having fun playing ‘doctor’ at home, so she cooperates better when we actually go now! Anyhow, they are both doing just fine and we’ll go back again in mid-December.

Soo.. Chloe is still calling me Mommy - but still no Daddy yet. She said it once, but not again. We’re also bugging her to say Grandma, but she’s stubborn. What does she like to say? “Diego.” This would be Dora’s cousin of the show “Dora the Explorer” and Diego's show is called “Go Diego Go!” So that is what she says constantly.. that phrase. And it clearly sounds like “Diego” which amazes me. And from watching Diego (he rescues animals), she also learned the word “anaconda” - a type of snake, for any of you who are clueless. It comes out sounding like “hana honda.” But I just think it’s silly that she says Diego and anaconda, but not Grandma or Daddy! What in the world?? As for Maya & milestones - she is sitting up by herself now! You can sit her on the floor and let her play with toys and we usually put a few pillows around her, as she does tip over occasionally - but she does real well and she likes it!

Well, what else... Oh, Chloe has a cold! It's the runny nose, sneezing & bad cough kinda’ cold. Monday night sleeping was awful - she would wake up coughing really bad and then cry because she felt so awful, and then Maya would wake up because of her crying so loud and, well, it was rough! Chris spent the whole night in Chloe’s bedroom & didn’t get much sleep. When Chloe is okay, though, Maya almost sleeps through the night. She still gets up once & wants to drink a few ounces of a bottle before going back to sleep.. But I can gladly handle getting up once instead of every 3 hours to feed her! I think maybe because she is drinking mostly formula now and eating more baby food, that she is sleeping better because of a fuller tummy - so there’s one positive note to not nursing anymore. I kind of feel like I’m getting my life back, too, by stopping nursing her. It is a very demanding thing and your live has to revolve around feeding your child. You get used to it and it’s not so bad, but once you stop, you realize just how much of your live revolved around it! So anyway, it’s a welcome return to normal for me.

Last night Chris and I were able to go back to Target and use my 10% off coupon! Joe and Merin came over and watched the girls for a while so we could go to the store together! WHAT a blessing it was! I had SO much fun shopping and I was on a mission - so I was grabbing things off the racks & trying them on in record time - and I got 2 new pairs of pants that I can wear to work - for $10 each, on clearance - and I got a long sleeve green shirt that I decided must be my color - cuz I love it! haha. We also got some new clothes for the girls and I love buying them new clothes, since usually I go to the thrift store.. or we’ve really gotten a lot of hand-me-down’s from Chris’ cousins - so it's much fun to splurge & buy them new clothes! Chris also got a few new shirts - so we both had lots of fun. It was a wonderful night for us (the whole hour & a half we were out!) and I’m so thankful that his brother & Merin took time out to do that for us!

Well, anyway, I know I could keep writing forever, but this is turning into a novel and I need to get back to work, so.. I’ll write more later…

No comments: