Well, my cousin is doing well - thank you to all who have been praying & continue to! The surgery lasted about 9 hours yesterday and it turned out that one of the bone fragments had made a small hole in his spinal cord, which they needed to repair. Now they are waiting to see if the repair they made is going to hold, which means he has to lay on his back for 4 days before he can sit up and then see whether the rods & what-not are gong to support his back okay. So now we are praying for that - if there is too much fluid leaking, the repair will have to be made again, and this time the surgery must be done through his chest, which would be more major. Keep the prayers coming - we know God is listening!
On a lighter note… Today I got my hair cut - and I mean cut! It’s QUITE short - and Chloe was just delighted with it afterward - she was giggly & cute & kept wanting to touch it - like it was some amazing magic trick Grandma did by cutting Mommy’s hair so short… hehe! Eventually I will post a picture of the ‘new’ me on here for all to see.
So.. to entertain you, here are Chloe’s latest obsessions: a Blues Clues movie, which we have sit through WAY too many times in the past week… (get those annoying songs outta’ my head please!) ...Drinkable yogurt smoothies… I bought them on a whim at the grocery store, in a 8 pack (they’re only like 3 oz. each!) and she drank 5 throughout the course of one day! I only let her drink 2 at each meal and I figured it’s not bad for her - yogurt is wonderful! Other obsessions: Baby rice cereal... which Maya is fed on a daily basis now… So whenever Maya is eating, Chloe wants to be fed like a baby as well. We also recently got the ‘jumperoo’ out for Maya to jump in - and she loves it! And guess who else does? Chloe! Being as petite as she is, we figure it’s okay for her to get in it once in a while.. as long as she doesn’t get overly excited and it seems like it’s going to break! {Oh dear is right} Another exciting thing: Chloe’s language is expanding all the time. She is even trying to put words together to make phrases - which is exciting! The phrase I hear most: “Ma ma, moy up...” ‘Moy’ means more... and ‘up’ means either ketchup or syrup… Two things she eats on a daily basis! She eats mini pancakes almost every day for breakfast, with plenty of syrup on them… and she also likes chicken tenders a lot, with lots of ketchup to dunk them in! So that’s our Chloe in a nutshell, at the moment. Oh, I forgot to share, but she did an excellent job walking down the aisle at the wedding! I guess I kinda’ neglected to share details about the wedding day… Life’s just too hectic to remember all these things! So anyway, she ended up being the bold little leader and the 3 yr. old twins just followed her down the aisle! I was SO proud of her and she was so adorable, and I just stood at the front of the church crying as I watched her walk down! It was very touching... (By the way, if you'd like to see the rest of the wedding pictures, just send me an e-mail, and I’ll send you the link to the album I loaded on the Walmart website.)
Anyway, that’s about it for now… I’m sure I’ll think of more Chloe or Maya stories to share later…
I better get back to work now!
No comments:
Post a Comment