So I treated myself to lunch at Rally’s today. I got a way too big value meal - I just wanted a small but somehow got the medium. I told Chris to stop in & see me at work to eat some of my 800 french fries - but he never did! I also ran to Wal-Mart cuz that’s what I like to do… and it’s next to Rally’s… and I bought Maya some baby food and some apple juice and Chloe some new socks… and a cute sun hat for a dollar. It was a nice outing! For anyone who cares - Wal-Mart has the cheapest baby food. It’s about 40 cents or so for a jar at Meijer and Wal-Mart has a bigger selection of stage 2 foods, which are typically different foods mixed together (like pumpkin & pears and apples & squash!) and they’re only 32 cents. So I’m gonna’ have to make a trip there once a week I think to buy my little piglet some food. hehe. :)
Anyway, on another note - here’s a story & a prayer request for Chris and I… The other night I told Chris it was time to have a ‘company meeting’ about our company - jokingly, yet seriously I told him this. Not that I’m really a huge part of our business, but on all legal documents I am known as the ‘Secretary.’ So he’s been super stressed lately and doesn’t enjoy his job anymore, and at this meeting between the 2 of us at 10:00 the other night, I pretty much did the talking, while he listened. I basically told him that things cannot continue like this, and changes need to be made within his company.. and so on. About 4 months ago or so, he opened a general contracting company, so now he does more than just electrical work, which means his workload has doubled, if not more… So he started out the year working by himself and he now has I think (I can’t even remember) 6 employees he has hired. He gets these guys to work for him kind of randomly and only one of them is a certified electrician. (This is part of the problem. If he had good, qualified guys working for him, work would get done easier & quicker.) Anyway, he has been incredibly blessed with work, so much that his phone is ringing off the hook ALL day long - even after he gets home from work - in the evenings & on the weekends. Sometimes he throws it across the room he gets so sick of it ringing. (And I do, too!) So in addition to the long hours he works during the day, he is the bookkeeper/secretary, you name it… and he is up every night till midnight on the computer doing estimates & invoices and TONS of other stuff. He is exhausted physically and mentally and THIS is why I declared the ‘company meeting’ between him and I. All along I knew that someday I would be the Secretary for his company, and I have just been waiting for the day when he wants to ‘hire’ me. And I think the time is clearly now. The workload is clearly way too much for Chris to handle on his own, even with 6 employees under him, and he needs help with bookkeeping, sending bills & estimates & just LOTS of things. (He has people that owe him money from way back in January that ‘past due’ notices should have been sent to many months ago, and a few kind people have even called asking why they never got an invoice -- it’s crazy! You can’t just do work for people and then forget to bill them, or put it off for a few months because you’re too busy!) So yes, he clearly needs me. And I think he knows he needs me.. But he is very reluctant for me to quit my job as Church Secretary which brings in good money, and work out of the home for his company. He is afraid work is going to slow down (he always worries about this at the onset of winter). But his work has never been real slow and it’s just steadily increasing. So this is what we need prayer for… For Chris to have wisdom & faith to make the right decisions about his company… for me to have peace about quitting my job, when the time is right; I’m not exactly sold on the idea of becoming a work-out-of-the-home Mom and quitting my job at the Church, but I know to make his company successful (and to ease his stress), Chris needs a Secretary and I am the one to help him, so I am willing to take the step and make it work somehow. We also need to pray for Chris’ workload right now, and his stress level… it’s not good at all & he is not the kind of person to just give everything over to God and pray, like he really should! So by taking the next step, for Chris to hire me, it would mean a step of faith for both of us… so please keep us in your prayers.
That is the update on our lives for now…. I’ll keep you 'in the loop' on what happens, if anything...
No comments:
Post a Comment