Monday, September 10, 2007

The weekend trip





I’m glad it’s Monday! Isn’t that an odd thing to hear? Well, it was a long weekend and it was a learning lesson. Don’t take 2 young children on a 3 hour trip to a wedding. The car ride was what I was most nervous about and it turned out to be the smoothest part of the trip! The girls were wonderful – but the part that screwed us up was that both only took a half hour nap in the car. So that meant by 7:00 it was time for bed it seemed…. And the wedding started at 6, so just when our evening was beginning, the girls were already exhausted. The wedding itself was beautiful (as you can see in the pictures!) but we forgot that Chloe had never experienced sand before and well, the first touch of it on her feet sent her into hysterics. She screamed & cried and had to be held the rest of the wedding. Chris didn’t even sit down with her, just stood off to the side during the whole ceremony. And I was busy trying to keep Maya quiet, so I didn’t hear, nor could I pay full attention to, much of the wedding… I took lots of pretty pictures, but overall it was just plain stressful. We went to the beach house for the reception and Chloe’s adrenaline must’ve kicked in in order to keep her awake and that meant her manners flew out the window. She was just out of control. So we made it through the appetizers but by the time the buffet line was going to start, Maya was starving and refused to nurse, and we hadn’t brought the entire can of formula, which was not a good thing, and Chloe was just at her wits end. So we had to leave right at dinner, which was at 8:00 or so. I got to talk to Emily for like 30 seconds and this big event which we drove SO long for, abruptly ended and we had to go back to our hotel. Chris was upset, I was upset and in tears, and the girls were both screaming. It was a long drive back to the hotel… And there was no restaurants we could see nearby, except for a bar & grille next to our hotel, so Chris walked over & got us some sandwiches which we ate for ‘dinner’ at 9:30 at night. UGH. And I had been looking forward all day to a nice meal at the end of it, and it turned out all we had was greasy food all day long. What an end to a day. Finally the girls got to sleep by 10:15 and we all got the much needed sleep we needed. But it was disappointing and I was upset and Chris just held me and I cried for a while. We won’t do this again, we both kept saying.

Anyway, I am glad we are finally back home and able to get back into our normal routines with the girls. Now it is Monday morning & my aunt is coming up to watch Maya for a little bit, while I take Chloe to the hospital for her ‘follow-up’ appointment with the gastroenterologist, who did the biopsy on her some weeks ago. Chris is too busy with work to come with us. (That’s a whole ‘nother story.. ugh..) So anyway, that’s the update on us for now… Enjoy these beauteous pictures I’ve posted of the beach & such!

No comments: