Thursday, September 20, 2007

Writing about my girls...

So lately it seems like summer is back. Temp’s have been in the high 80s and now the long pants I got out, are being replaced by shorts again! How confusing. And after so many high electric bills from running our central air, and with it being mid-September now, heaven-forbid we turn our air on at home! Which means that last night at 9 p.m. when it was bedtime, our house was a steamy 83 degrees!! UGH! Maybe I’m just spoiled. Well, I’m sure I am. We took the girls on a walk after dinner, and then returned home and played in the basement all night, which was super nice & cool probably 20 degrees less than upstairs… and I just think we all shoulda’ slept down there, too! UGH. It was rough. And of course it wasn’t 83 degrees outside at 9:00 so why can’t the cool air ever seem to find its way to our thousands of open windows & into our house!? So I’m not liking the return of the hot weather.

Anyway - in other news - Chloe decided to finally call me “Mommy” the other day!! She has only ever called me Mom or MaMa. So this was VERY sweet to hear!! It really sounds like two words “Ma - Me” with strange emphasis on the “Me” as if the “Me” part is a question. But oh well! So we are trying to get her to say “Daddy” of course now, and for some odd reason it always comes out “Dee Dah” - like she is dyslexic!! Strange -- & very funny! So Chris is Dee Dah and I am now Mommy! Fun times!

Chloe is also making me proud all the time - she helps me set the table now for dinner. One night I taught her to put the plates & forks and napkins on the table - and then the next day, I said it was almost time for dinner and she just went to the cupboard and got plates out & put them on the table, without my even asking her! It was so cute. She’s such a good little helper. She is so fun to watch play, too - she plays house with her little people and lines them all up around the little table and pretends to feed them! Whenever you ask what they’re eating she says “heem heem” which is ice cream. haha. She’s a girl after my own heart. She also is very good at taking care of her baby dolls. One day she wanted to take her baby on a walk, but not in her little stroller, she wanted to carry her - and so she did, all the way down the street, and the baby was wrapped in her blanket… and she held her and kept patting her back. It was so precious. She also watched me very intentedly feed Maya a bottle one day and she sat down and fed her baby in the exact same way I was feeding Maya and then I sat Maya on my knee to burp her and she had to re-adjust her baby a few times to get her baby sit on her knee just right so she could pat the baby’s back and burp her. She will sometimes even make a funny burp noise like her baby burped! haha.

As for Maya - she is doing well and we’re back to feeding her different foods! (During the constipation bit, we stopped the cereal for a while!) Yesterday she tried sweet potatoes & ate the whole jar! YEA for that! We already know she’s completely different from Chloe in many aspects, but the whole eating thing is just another realm where they differ… Chloe never ate tons and tons of baby food - couldn’t finish a whole jar in a meal usually and she never ate multiple jars at one meal… but I think Maya is gonna’ be different! She also has decided to stop nursing. It’s been a few days now since I’ve fed her myself. I’ve just been using my pump to make her bottles every so often, so she is pretty much just drinking formula. This is a whole new world for me… since Chloe nursed until her 1st birthday, which is when it’s finally okay to give your child cows milk. So she never really drank much formula… saving us tons of money! But Maya is just too busy & too distracted to want to calm down and nurse for any length of time, so that stage is done it seems! It’s a sad thing, but there’s also many upsides to stopping breastfeeding. I don’t know why some people don’t even try it - just go straight to formula. After doing both, I am glad to nurse instead of spend half my time washing & preparing bottles of formula! I feel like that’s all I do lately. Maya also used to get up multiple times through the night to eat, and now she only wakes up once to eat and sleeps good the rest of the night. So that’s a new routine, too!

Anyway, I need to get back to work… sorry for writing a novel!

No comments: