Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Please pray!!

I'm writing a quick note to ask for your prayers today... My cousin Nate (who is about 23 or 24 yrs. old) fell about 20 feet on Sunday down a cliff... Today he is having surgery which could take up to 8 hours. Yesterday they learned that he was 2mm away from being paralyzed. The broken vertebra is actually T12. The compression is in the disc space L1. Today they will move him carefully so as not to disturb the spinal cord with the loose bone fragments. So we need to pray the surgery goes well today. They will use part of his hip bone, 8 screws and 2 rods to stabilize his back to the 2 vertebra above and 2 below the broken vertebra. If you can donate blood to Red Cross, please do so, as they are suffering a shortage right now. That's all for now... I will update if/when I hear anything. Thank you for praying!

No comments: