Friday, September 7, 2007

The weekend is here...

Well, it’s almost time for my work day to end and the weekend to begin!

Tonight we don’t have any plans - but tomorrow afternoon we are leaving to drive up to Michigan for my friend Emily’s wedding! She is getting married on the beach by Lake Michigan at 6:00 in the evening and it will be almost a 3 hour drive for us. Three hours in the car with a 2 year old and 6 month old does not thrill Chris or I but we don’t have much of a choice! We are going to leave around nap time, in the hopes that the girls will both sleep for half the trip. (hah! This will probably be wishful thinking!) We are leaving early enough that we’ll have time to take stops if need be (let Chloe run around!) and also check into our hotel before going to the wedding. And then Sunday morning sometime we will pack the girls back in the car and come home. Say a prayer for us and this big family adventure - our first ever with 2 kids! Let’s hope it feels like a vacation and is more fun than it is stressful.

Anyway, not much else to write about - I don’t have any real update on my cousin - just continue to keep him in your prayers… I will try & write on Sunday with an update on everything! Another prayer request I have is for my step-Grandma (my Mom’s husband, John’s, Mom). She is 91 and was diagnosed with lung cancer last week. Please pray for the wisdom of the doctors involved (it’s been frustrating lately) and for peace for John and his siblings.

I better get back to work now… I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: