Wednesday, December 12, 2007

An actual "update"

Oh my goodness.. You can tell Christmas is upon us because I am so swamped with work!! I just had to stop everything and make a list - a long list - of everything I need to do in the next 3 days here at work. In addition to my normal workload of Sunday bulletin stuff, I have to do the January Newsletter starting today, and I also have a funeral bulletin to do, as well as start the Christmas bulletins, since we have 3 different services to plan for and I also have two other big mailings that need to be done and of course sent out right now! UGH. So you wonder why I’m taking time out to write in my blog, right? When I obviously have no time to! Well I need a break, and I’ve barely written much on here except for updates about Chris' health lately, so I figured it's time!

So what’s been happening with us? Well, we have seen quite a bit of bad weather here in the last 5 days and that’s enough to make a person depressed. Finally, right now, the sun is shining and that’s a welcome thing! We’ve had snow, plenty of freezing rain, and just plain old rain and there are puddles everywhere and it’s just ucky. So I am glad the sun is shining now! We didn’t have a very exciting weekend, mainly stayed inthe house - except I did take a quick outing to the mall by our house on Saturday, with Chloe, so I could get some good deals on Christmas gifts at the ONE store, of only a few, that is left at our sad mall, which is closing up soon. The last time we were there was last Christmas, and Chloe LOVED the silly looking water fountains and stood & watched them forever. And she did the same this time around. It was fun.


On Sunday Chris’ sister came over to take our annual family photo in front of our Christmas tree, it didn’t go all that well… Chloe was cranky and not cooperative… we finally got a decent one where both girls are looking at the camera, but Chris and I were caught with odd-looking smiles on our faces… But we decided it was more important for you to see the girls faces so that’s the one you’ll be getting in the mail! And Maya was actually smiling, though Chloe was clearly not! What an experience that was… I’m glad we didn’t pay the big bucks and make a BIG deal out of it at Sears - we would’ve left highly frustrated. heh.

Chris is still battling his health issues… he is eating more, but that just means he feels worse after he eats. There is a 5 lb. difference in his weight from the morning till the evening he says. It just doesn’t make sense. He is getting SO frustrated with it all and just wants to know what is wrong. Sunday night he went crazy & kept eating & eating and was going to make himself sick so he could go to the hospital and hopefully they would see it’s his gallbladder, since that’s what he’s convinced it is & have the darn thing taken out. Well, he didn’t get sick, but he didn’t feel good at all after that. He’s now taking Prilosec, the Dr. had prescribed Nexxium, but our insurance didn’t want to pay for it since it’s so expensive, until he tried something else off the counter… so we paid $10 for Prilosec, which on the box says it’s for heartburn or acid reflux I guess, and Chris is mad cuz he doesn’t feel he has either of those. He’s taken it for 3 days now to make the Dr. happy and nothing has changed. I told him to call the Dr. and tell them he wants to have more tests, even the scope one so the camera can look at his insides… anything, so they can find out what’s wrong! He is not looking forward to all the Christmas celebrations we’re going to, and all the food; he said he’ll have to just take his low-fat loaf of bread with him and just eat toast I guess. :( PLEASE pray for him continuously… this is getting really tough.

Lastly, I must share that Maya is now saying “da da” not clearly towards her Daddy, but she’s half-way there, making the “D” sound now! It is so cute to hear! She is also walking really good while pushing the little baby walker designed to teach children to walk! Craziness! She is ahead of her time, for sure, as she also wants to climb things!! She will be standing holding onto something and then lifting her leg up & reaching to pull herself up! She is just too ahead of schedule for me...

So I probably should go now… I need to eat lunch & get back to the mound of work on my desk! Hope things are well with you… as you prepare for Christmas!

No comments: