Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Wednesday - test day

I can't believe I didn't do my research until just now - as Chris is having this test done at this very moment... Usually I would have looked this up on the internet sooner so he would've had a clue what they were going to do today. Anyway, here's what he's having done...

A gallbladder scan is a
nuclear scanning test that is done to evaluate gallbladder function. It can detect blockage in the tubes (bile ducts) that lead from the liver to the gallbladder and small intestine (duodenum). During a gallbladder scan, a radioactive tracer substance is injected into a vein in the arm. The liver removes the tracer from the bloodstream and adds it to the bile that normally flows through the bile ducts to the gallbladder. The gallbladder then releases the tracer into the beginning of the small intestine. A special camera (gamma) takes pictures of the tracer as it moves through the liver, bile ducts, gallbladder, and small intestine.

So now I'm hoping we can get the results from this scan pretty soon afterward... and I hope it is clear what is wrong with him.

On a different note, we actually decorated our whole tree last night - I thought it was going to take us 2 nights, since it's hard to do with 2 little ones wanting to 'help.' But Chris went to town and got all 900 lights (yes!) on the tree and he also put on the red beads (like garland) which I usually do and then Chloe helped with the ornaments. I couldn't believe how good she was at it, even with the needles on the tree being 'pokey' - she was so careful and did it wonderfully - although she wanted to hang all the ornaments in the same spot and create a little cluster of them... haha.. it was cute. So I will have to post some pictures when I have time.

Tonight we're going to the in-laws for dinner... YEA for not having to cook! :) I guess that's all for now... I will post when I hear something about the test results...

No comments: