On Sunday we searched for a Christmas tree.... We left Maya home with Merin so she didn't have to be out in the cold... It actually wasn't that bad, though, the snow on the ground was melting, which made for a muddy mess! Chloe had fun..
Chloe and her Grandma (Chris' Mom)...

Finally we find a tree and Daddy cuts it down..

So it's been one long & tiring weekend. Of course after Chris got home from his day at the hospital, and after a long nights' sleep, he got up Saturday morning and got back to his projects. He was busy most of the day Saturday working on the dining room... we also began the struggle of figuring out how to drastically change our diet. I say 'our' because it's not like Chris is going to eat completely different meals than I am, so for the most part, we are trying to eat healthier both of us. I feel like it's next to impossible to do. I got on the internet and read a bunch about gallbladder treatment and a good diet if you have gallbladder problems or whatever... and the list of foods you shouldn't eat is 90% of the stuff we usually eat and of course the list of what you should eat is a bunch of weird stuff like figs and avocadoes and organic grace juice... it's crazy. I figure since our regular diet is SO not good, that even if we change our diet by half, it should make a drastic difference. I even told Chris just drinking LOTS of water should make things better, and that's not that hard to do... but he is SO hungry all the time and I feel bad cuz everything he craves he should not eat. I am trying to make him eat healthier, but I turn around and he has given in & eaten 5 donut holes and a peanut butter cup!! That is not going to help matters.. He has a constant pain where his gallbladder is and still everytime he eats a meal, he feels queasy afterward. I cannot tell you how annoying this is... hopefully someone else will evaulate his test results today and maybe we'll get a 2nd opinion. We just want this to be over with. Tonight we'll be going to the grocery store, hopefully together, so we can try & figure out somewhat healthy meals for the week... it will be a challenge. We really need to eat a more balanced diet, more fruits & vegetables... but stupid me, I don't even know how to cook fresh vegetables or how to make them taste good, without putting some butter on them or of course melting cheese on them, like broccoli! We just tend to eat a high-fat diet that is unhealthy and now I wish I had a nutrionist who could sit down with me and tell me how I'm supposed to change our diet and give me some ideas... having a personal chef would be the ideal! The last thing I have time for is cooking everything from scratch - when I'm trying to watch my 2 kids at the same time! So I'm clueless and pretty discouraged right now.
Anyway, as for the rest of the weekend, we went to the Christmas tree farm up in MI on Sunday. I didn't want to go - every year we do this and every year I put up an argument. It just takes half the day and is SUCH a long process... I wish we could spend the extra money and get a tree at a farm nearby. But the place we go to, has trees for only $15 - so that's why we travel up there. So that screwed up everyone's napping routine, which means I was completely exhausted after walking around FOREVER looking for a tree, and all I really wanted was a nap and I didn't get one. UGH. It made for a very long Sunday. And we ended up getting a tree that is way too big for our front room - we barely have a walkway. I hope we can trim it somehow so that we can have more room...
Now it's Monday and Chris called the surgeon and has an appt. this Friday. She is supposed to call him back sometime today to discuss things - I don't know what. As for me, I am tired and cranky 90% of the time lately and I'm just feeling depressed about everything. If I got more rest, it would probably help. Please continue to pray for us... I'm just feeling completely overwhelmed by life....

No comments:
Post a Comment