It's Friday.. So here's the news with us... Last night Chloe decided she was going to repeat lots of words I was saying, so therefore I 'tricked' her into saying words she never could say clearly before (hah!) For instance, she would say "go" or "green" and I would say "Go go Grandma" and hence, the word Grandma was finally pronounced properly by Chloe as she repeated my words! So, she now says "Grandma" instead of it coming out like "ramma" or "wamma" and she also said "Maya!" (Wow!) and she says "Meow" for a cat instead of "Weow"... haha. So the vocabulary of this little one continues to grow and get more precise, and it's adorable to hear!
As for Maya, since I haven't wrote much about her lately... well, she is so brave and growing up so fast that it's only a matter of time till she takes her first steps! Ah! Starting on Sunday, she now stands up on her own, from a sitting position, without holding onto anything. She cruises really well around the coffee table or anything else she can hold onto, like a chair or couch. She is so very close to walking it's scary! I don't know if I'm ready for this! heh. Her crawling from one side of the house to the other in a minute's time is enough to make me crazy right now. She is also greatly enjoying eating cheerio's and other little snacks that are easy to chew without teeth - hehe - and that is how we keep her happy at the dinner table... fill her highchair tray with snacks and watch her try & get them in her mouth. About half of them end up in her lap or on the floor! But she is clearly very good at feeding herself with her thumb & forefinger of her right hand and not as good with her left - usually her whole fist always ends up shoving the food in! :) She is so animated and fun to watch - and even when sister hits her bottom a little too hard, yet playfully, while we yell at Chloe for doing it, Maya is usually sitting there giggling. Yes, when they are both feeling playful & happy, life is fun at our house. The girls also love playing on the bed together. They jump up & down and roll around and sit on each other & lay on each other, you name it... and both are giggling the whole time. It's a beautiful thing to watch!
Anyway, back to other news... This morning I talked to Chris' famous surgeon he speaks with weekly and was going to ask her lots of questions since I'm never present at these appt.'s to hear anything... and I started off telling her how the low-fat diet has taken away his symptoms and it was like she was relieved to hear it and told him to just keep eating that way then! But I said "he's hungry constantly - he's living on rice cakes, crackers and jello!" And she told me quickly, in about 1 minute flat, "there's more to life than crackers" and then listed a few foods he shouldn't eat and what he should and that pretty much he has to just eat like this forever. (Ahh!) So this woman is just intimidating to me, so our conversation ended there & I didn't get any answers. :( ARGH. I called Chris & told him and he was frustrated, so he called our wonderful family Dr., who wasn't in today, so he has an appt. to see her on Monday morning and talk about everything. Meanwhile, he is still nausea free, as long as he doesn't overeat or go off the strict diet.
Well, I have to get back to work now... I hope your weekend goes well!
No comments:
Post a Comment