Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thursday's News

Well, yesterday morning Chris got a call from the hospital, his favorite place to go each week for more tests... and they said the surgeon was ordering a cat scan to be done as soon as possible, and they could get him in on Saturday at 3:30. So we were supposed to be celebrating Christmas with my sister & her husband, and my Mom and step-Dad at 4:00 on Saturday... Now I guess it'll be pushed back a little later. He has to drink a big container of some tasty stuff labeled "berry smoothie," which he picked up yesterday from the hospital, and he has to drink it all by 1:30 on Saturday and then arrive at the hospital at 3:00 for his test to begin at 3:30. They say it should only take a half hour and we should be out of there definitely by 4:30... but from our experience with all the tests he has had so far, I am leary on when we'll actually leave the hospital! At least for this one he doesn't have to be sedated or anything, so it should be quick... but we'll see! The cat scan will be of his pelvis and abdomen... I don't really know how this test is different from what the other tests showed.

Anyway, our Christmas celebrations continue then on Sunday, Monday & Tuesday! (Let the stress of Christmas begin.. Oops, I mean 'fun') Sunday we have Christmas with my Dad's side, with extended family: grandma, aunts, uncles, cousins, all at my aunt's house. That is in the evening, so we are able to get some good naps in for the girls in the afternoon. :)

Monday, Christmas Eve, I actually have to work! I don't remember ever working on Christmas Eve... but I am... since I have Weds. off I will make up for some of those missed hours by working a half day on Monday, Christmas Eve. Then Monday at dinner time, Chris and I are gonna' make homemade mashed potatoes which we'll take to his parents house, and we're having hot chicken sandwiches and other good food, and afterward we'll open presents. This is the first year we are starting this new tradition. Usually we get up at 7:30 am on Christmas Day, and drive over to his parent's house, half-asleep & in our pj's and open presents with them before they go to Church at 9:00 on Christmas! This year, with 2 kids, we said there's no way we're getting everyone outta' bed early and driving over there on Christmas morning! Yes, with 2 children, it's time we start our own Christmas morning traditions! :) So hence, we'll be celebrating with them on Christmas Eve.

On Christmas Day, we will wake up to see what Santa has brought us, and I presume that Chloe will not even care about the presents under our tree (she didn't last year) because she's already had 3 Christmas celebrations and she'll be pre-occupied with all the things she's already gotten and be on "Christmas overload." It's a sad thing, really.. cuz that's the most exciting part, having your own Christmas together, and yet she will probably be feeling like this whole Christmas thing is 'old news.' Oh well, we'll see if it goes any different this year.

Anyway, around lunch time on Christmas Day, we'll pack up the girls in their Christmas dresses and drive to Chris' grandparents, cuz that is where we spend every single holiday. All his aunts, uncles and 30 cousins will be there, okay maybe not 30, but it feels like it... and it will be a loud and crazy celebration. And by then we'll all be wishing Christmas was just over cuz it will be the craziest 4 days EVER! I don't know if I'm even looking forward to it that much. It means routine's - napping & eating - get tossed out the window and that in itself makes for a stressful time.

Well, I'm tired of typing and I need to get things done at work, so I guess I'll stop here. Now you know what's going to happen with us for the next week! Hope your life is more peaceful than mine right now... :)

No comments: