Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Our health stories continue...

So I'm gonna' try and make this a brief update so I can go to bed...

Here's what Chris had done today: Esophagogastroduodenoscopy (EGD) is an examination of the lining of the esophagus, stomach, and upper duodenum with a small camera (flexible endoscope) which is inserted down the throat.

And the verdict is... they found nothing, of course! No ulcers, nothing weird... he seems fine.

My mom and I took Chloe & Maya to the family Dr. this afternoon for check-up's. Chloe is 24 lbs. and back on the growth chart and actually in the 10th percentile now! Back in August, she was just getting 'back' on the chart and just about in the 5th percentile, so the Dr. was soo happy to see that Chloe is gaining weight good and growing wonderfully. Maya is of course in the 95th or so percentile for her weight (weighing 20 lbs. now!) and in about the 75th percentile for her length, or height. They are both doing good!

Then I talked to the Dr. for quite some time about Chris, since she is the one Chris saw originally when he started having problems back in November. She was the one that ordered the first ultrasound, to examine the gallbladder. So I updated her on every test that has happened since then, and she said she would call the surgeon tomorrow and talk about everything with her. She knew the surgeon's name when I said it and said she's a good Dr. and said that she has run all the right tests so far, so that was reassuring. So now I figure 2 heads are better than 1, so maybe with both of them discussing his test results, perhaps they'll figure out what to do next or what could be wrong with him. Our family Dr. still thinks it is something with his gallbladder.. which Chris is still convinced of, too. We shall see. So it was good I got to see the family doc. today and discuss all these things with her. She is such a nice & caring doctor! :)

As for my back, the pain comes & goes, at times worse than others... it depends on how much I'm overdoing it, carrying & picking up the girls & such. I think it is gradually getting better, though, perhaps no heavy lifting for 8 straight hours while at work tomorrow will help even more!

Well, now I'm off to bed... let's pray for a good nights rest... it always seems to do everyone good.

No comments: