Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A long day...?

Oh my, am I tired... Even though Maya didn't go to bed till a little after 9 last night, she still insisted on waking up and wanting to play at 5:45 this morning. Why??? I guess so I can be miserably tired this morning. UGH. I got her to go back to sleep around 6:45 but for only about a half hour. Now it's 10:00 and I was certain she'd be ready for a nap, but no, she refuses to take one. I guess it's going to be one of those days... a very long one which I have no patience for. Great.

Anyway, Chris finally talked to the surgeon at 5:00 last night. She said the MRI last Friday showed that the bile duct was no longer dilated - for some reason it had returned to normal. Chris and I think perhaps a stone was lodged in it and with all the doctors pushing & prodding at it all day on Friday, they perhaps dislodged the stone so it returned to the gallbladder. WHO knows? Anyway, Chris told her he was still in pain and feeling queasy after he eats, so she decided to go ahead with the nuclear test, where he drinks some dye or gets injected with dye, I don't remember which, and then they see how it flows through his body. He's having that done on Weds. at 1:30.

Besides that, we got to go to the grocery store together last night, while Chris' parents watched the girls (they got to 'help' decorate Grandma & Grandpa's Christmas tree!) We didn't do that great of a job buying a whole new range of healthy food - but we did resist buying LOTS of things we would have normally bought - like cookies and french bread pizzas - so that is a big change anyhow. Needless to say our cart was not very full come the end of our shopping trip.

Well, I guess that's all to write about for now... I must go now, since Maya is crying her head off.

No comments: