Friday, November 30, 2007

Oh, Chris...

Well it's been one long day. I'll try and make this update about Chris real short so I can get in bed! At the ultrasound, they could not see any gall stones, but they could tell that his bile duct was dilated, meaning enlarged, but they couldn't tell exactly why. They called the family Dr. and then was told that he should go to the ER for more tests. So Chris ended up at the ER around 1:30 or so and they took blood and started an IV since his body was still empty w/no food or drink at that point! I left work and arrived around 2:30 at the ER to be with him. The blood test revealed no elevated levels of a certain enzyme, which you typically find when there's a prob. with the gallbladder. So that meant the dr. wanted to run more tests. They ordered a CT scan and another scan, where they inject you with dye and then see how it runs through your organs or whatever... And they said they were going to admit him. An hour later, another surgeon comes in and consults with us and says she doesn't want to do the previously scheduled scans, and would rather JUST do an MRI - since that tells us more info. and is 3 D or whatever and would cover all the bases. So we wait a million years longer and then finally get admitted to a room and by then it's dinner time. I go home to eat something, and while home Chris calls me & says they were taking him down for the MRI. So around 7:15, Chris' parents and I returned to the hospital. He got back from the MRI at 7:30 and we wait around for a while and then of course by 8 p.m. I needed to come home so my poor worn-out Mother could go home! So when I left, we hadn't heard any results yet... and Chris was to call me in the night, whenever he heard what was going on.... And now as I'm typing this, Chris just called and told me he's being discharged - So of course I'm like... what?! He simply said the MRI came back good... but hello - I need more details! So that is where things stand now... I will update again - who knows when! UGH! Please keep praying...

No comments: