Anyway, back to what’s been happening at our house… Yesterday I had a really rough day with Maya. I had to give her tylenol two different times because her teething is so bad - even her little cheeks were super rosy red all day long and last night she even laid on my chest in the evening for a whole half hour, while watching a movie, which she never does - she refuses to lay still EVER! So I knew the poor baby was suffering. :( And she’s also been having way too many poopy diapers the past 2 days, which means by yesterday afternoon, she developed a REALLY bad rash all over her bottom & that whole area, so on top of the pain of teething and her ouchy bottom, I gave in and gave her some tylenol! She still didn’t take a good afternoon nap for me, though… she is just super restless when it comes to sleeping lately - which means no good naps for me and no good sleep for me through the night either! Usually my body adjusts though, I guess it comes with being a Mom! Anyway, this morning she was happier, and her little tongue was popping in & out of her mouth like crazy - which was a new thing to see! hehe. It was SO funny to watch - me, Chris & my mom were all laughing at her, and I tried taking a picture of her little tongue sticking straight out, but my camera wasn’t quick enough. :) So clearly, her bottom teeth are on their way in and she is feeling it now! We still can’t see anything, though!
Chloe is doing fine lately - not much to report about her - still her vocabulary is growing by leaps & bounds every day. I can’t even keep up with all the new words she is learning. Oh, and she has learned to use her arm muscles to open the fridge on her own!
As for Chris, he is still having stomach issues… He cannot eat the same size meals as he used to… and various things make him queasy when he eats them. Every night after dinner lately, he says if he wants to, he could throw up! I’m glad he doesn’t want to! UGH. Anyway, my mom had done some internet research and e-mailed us some questions about whether it might be something to do with this gall bladder, and with the way he answered those questions, he now thinks that may be the problem, so now he should really call the Dr., but of course his work schedule is too overwhelming for him to make time to see the Dr.! So, please be in prayer about him and his health, and his stress!
Despite it all, Chris is adamant about knocking this wall out tonight in our kitchen and continuing the huge project of the dining room addition… Yeah, tell me about it! It stresses me out to think about it! I think about the dust and the mess and little Maya crawling ALL over the house and getting into everything - and I wonder how we're going to keep her out of this part of the house while it’s a work in progress... ugh. I look forward to the finished result - but not the mess & stress we must endure to get us there!
As for me, nothing to write about it… I’m doing fine and my appetite is returning like Chris’ is - slowly… for the first time last night we had ‘dinner’ for dinner, instead of breakfast… that was the only thing sounding good for a while… Sunday night we had french toast and Monday night we had scrambled eggs and toast… only bland things were sounding good it seemed. But today I plan to have grilled cheese, potato chips & a coke for lunch! It makes me hungry just thinking about it…
Well, I need to get back to work… please continue to keep our little family in your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment