Saturday, November 17, 2007

Fri. night with possible 'new' employee

Well, the 'new' guy Dave came over last night to go over things and now that I saw him up close, I could tell he was probably in his late 30s & he had lots of questions for Chris - which Chris wasn't quite prepared for! Chris just thought we were signing paperwork and going over his rate of pay & hours. But Dave asked if we would pay for health insurance and Chris said no, but we can get it for him through the company that gets ours... But it turns out the guy has a bad knee, so he usually gets rejected by insur. companies! Great. And then he asked about vacation - and no one has ever brought up going on vacation, so Chris didn't know what to say... He told the guy he'd get a week of paid vacation after being with us for a year. hah. Sounds okay, I guess? So we thought this was a go, but now maybe not, cuz the guy said he'd call on Sunday and let us know. ARGH. It's probably the insurance thing that would keep him from taking the job. Ugh. So there's some more disappointing news. But he smelled like nasty cigarette smoke and made our whole house stink like it after he left, so that made me mad and it discouraged me. I'm like, why can't we find a decent guy to work for us? Every guy Chris has working for him now either has weird ear piercings, is highly 'alternative' and not exactly impressive looking or they cuss alot or they smoke. Ugh. All except Dave, of course, who is now leaving us. Where do you find good help these days? We surely don't know anymore!

So keep praying, please... Last night I was feeling discouraged about everything and was thinking what life would be like if we just shut down the company and Chris got a job somewhere. I asked Chris this morning if he wanted to try & make this all work, and he said he is not going to give up, he is not like that... and we are going to make it work. So, he's determined so I guess I will be, too.

No comments: