So I'm completely swamped at work today! Everyone is officially gone now - off to prepare for their Thanksgiving celebrations - after a busy morning of everybody piling projects on my desk - things they want done today, of course! And I'm trying to get 3 days of work done in 1 day on top of it all!! This should be an interesting afternoon...
Anyway, here's a story for you... Last night I ran to Wal-mart to get a few things and left Chris at home with the girls... and when I returned a half hour later, I opened the door and found a strange man in our family room with lots of boxes and such and he was putting a vacuum together. He was a Kirby salesman. (Don't ask me why Chris let him in the door.) If I would've answered the door, I would have said "No thank you" and shut the door while the guy was in mid-sentence! I'm better at being rude than my husband is. :) Anyway, the guy told Chris he wanted to give a short demonstration, and we'd get a free little vac for the car just for letting him do this demo. So Chris let him in, and, well, an hour and a half later - YES! - he finally walked out the door! UGH. The guy was a really good salesman, after he swept our floor 45 times in the same spot and kept picking up balls of dust and dirt over & over, I was convinced we needed this new vacuum! He made a huge mess, though, with little dust balls ALL over the floor... but since Chris kept saying "No" we wouldn't buy it, the guy just kept on sweeping.... he then swept part of our rocking chair that is old & was from my Grandma and he ruined part of it, by making the fabric all fuzzy in one spot, which I'm sure he didnt realize, but made me very mad when I noticed it later! He then took off down our hall - without saying anything - and just went into our bedroom (are you kidding me?! without even asking?!) and then he started ripping the comforter and sheets off our bed!!! (seriously!?!) He was out to prove how dirty or dust infested our mattress is, and he made his point - it was nasty! And then he showed us pictures of dust mites magnified a zillion times I'm sure and that had me sold, again ("okay, let's just buy the vacuum and get this guy outta' our house!" I was thinking..) And now I'm super paranoid about how dirty our floor is and our dust-mite infested bed, and how I need a better vacuum! Anyway, he would NOT leave our house and would not accept Chris' statement of "We don't have the money right now..." And then a knock on the door and another sales guy shows up! He gets on the phone with his boss, supposedly, and is trying to strike a deal with us to buy this stupid vacuum! It was like buying a car - the pressure was on and it was intense - going back & forth with these sales guys - and it was just retarded - for a vacuum! They ended up lowering the price from the atrocious $1700 down to $1200!!!! FOR a vacuum!! I don't think so. Now I didn't even want the vacuum anymore, I just wanted these guys out of our house! So sales guy # 2 leaves, and our first guy keeps sweeping the floor - while there is another knock on the door and it's a different guy - salesman #3! Now the girls are screaming & cranky and needing to get ready for bed because it's 8:00, and here my house is invaded with Kirby salesmen... It is absurd! Finally they get the picture and start taking their vacuum apart to leave.... and we did NOT buy the stupid thing. So they wasted our ENTIRE evening, and they left us with an incredibly dirty living room floor, as they collected piles of dirt & dust everywhere, and didn't even clean it up afterward! How rude is that? The guy said "The Kirby goes... the dirt stays.." on the way out the door. That's ridiculous!! We let you into our house and you make a mess on my floor, ruin the fabric on my antique chair and then tear all the sheets & blankets off my bed and leave???? So the moral of the story is: NEVER let a Kirby salesman in YOUR house!!
Well, now that I've vented about that, I should probably get back to my piles of work. :) Have an enjoyable Thanksgiving!!
1 comment:
oh my GOSH!!!! What a story!!! That is totally ridiculous- and sounds like my experience with the fire extiguisher people... totally scandelous. I would write a complaint letter to the kirby people!
Post a Comment