Thursday, November 15, 2007

Merry Christmas to us!

So Chris and I had a wildly fun time shopping last night at Kohl’s! haha. It wasn’t really wild… it was fun, though! At first I didn’t want to go, cuz Chris got home late from work and to pack up the kids and get ready to go, it seemed like we’d have only a super short amount of time to shop and clothes shopping takes time… but he was set on going, so we went anyhow. I wasn’t into it at first, I was tired & just walked around helping Chris find clothes & watched him try things on, and then he said I needed to go find things, so I tried… I browsed through the jr’s dept. with no luck and then he decided to stop looking for him and walk with me to the misses dept… and it was so funny - quickly & surprisingly my husband turned into my ‘personal shopper’ and he was acting just like his mom and grabbing things off the racks and telling me to try them on… but some things he picked out I swear were ‘old ladyish’ and I refused! haha. So suddenly I was having fun and I was trying things on like crazy & modeling them for Chris. He would race around finding me better sizes and different styles of shirts - it was funny. So yes, me & my husband bonded in a new way last night. haha. In the end, I came home with 5 new shirts - 2 sweaters and 3 dress shirts (WOW!) and 2 new pairs of khaki pants. .. I guess Kohl’s new what they were doing by sending me a free $10 gift card in the mail… cuz we surely spent MUCH more than $10! So we had a fun time - and Chris got 2 new pairs of jeans and 2 shirts & a sweater, but he was mad that I got more clothes than he did. However, he did spend $100 on shoes on Sunday night at Sears! So I think it all evened out. :) Then of course last night at 10:30, we had a modeling show (hah! we’re nuts!) and Chris took some pictures of me acting silly and posing in my exciting new outfits! I tell ya, it’s amazing what some new clothes can do for a person! So we spent so much money, though, that we should definitely not get each other anything for Christmas! I must say it’s really fun to pretend like money is no object and just start grabbing things and trying them on! haha. Good thing we do this just once in a blue moon!

Anyway, back on the home front, Chloe is getting better it seems. We gave her another breathing treatment before bed last night and she didn’t wake up (or wake ME up for that matter) coughing at all. I think I actually slept from 11 pm to 6:30 am straight through!

Tonight we go to Chris’ parents for dinner… which is always enjoyable & a fun weekly visit - it means 10 people around the table, including Chloe & Maya. Chloe usually enjoys eating the vegetables Grandma cooks, especially broccoli! She doesn’t get too many veggies at dinner time at our house - shame on us, I know! Also, Joe and Merin brought one of their cats last week to visit, which means Chloe ran around the house looking for the scared, hiding cat most of the evening, while yelling “Meow!? Meow?” She will be excited if the cat joins us again tonight!

For now I need to get back to work… I will perhaps post some funny pictures later of me in my new outfits! :)

1 comment:

merin1011 said...

I'm glad Gizmo wasn't quite as scared tonight. Chloe is SO cute with her!! Also, I definitely think you should share pictures of you in your new clothes!! :)