Well, thankfully it’s Friday. I have a few prayer requests to share. Yesterday we received an e-mail from Dave, Chris’ right-hand man so to speak, who has been working for Chris since about February. We know Dave from Church & he has been a wonderful asset to our company, and his hard work & experience was one of the reasons we opened the general contracting company, branching out from just doing electrical work. He has brought in tons of work - from various contacts he has - and our company has flourished and is overwhelmed with work. So, back to the e-mail we got, Dave decided he wants to quit. He no longer wants to work for us. When I read his e-mail, which I knew Chris hadn’t read yet, I got pretty upset and called my Mom to tell someone, and ended up crying. I just felt so terrible. It came as a big surprise and I know Chris is completely stressed out lately, and there was no way this was going to help matters. I was nervous about how Chris would respond - whether he would have a complete mental breakdown or what. I was surprised when he got home from work & read the e-mail and simply said “Great” sarcastically. He didn’t say much else and I didn’t bother him about it and the rest of the night we didn’t talk much about it either. But he is incredibly mad and upset and doesn’t know what he’s going to do now. We don’t have anyone in the company who was skilled like Dave and we have so many general contracting jobs lined up right now, we are going to be lost without him. He said he will stay to finish the jobs he is committed to, but Chris doesn’t know if Dave realizes just how many jobs were coming up that required his expertise. Now we may end up losing these jobs and losing money because of him quitting.
So I just don’t know what to think right now. I wrote in previous weeks that I thought Chris would have to ‘hit the wall’ in some way before he would make changes in the company… and I think this might be it. Perhaps God is working through Dave and this is the change that we are being forced to deal with, which will force us into making many other changes... which in the end may benefit everbody -- who knows. I feel bad because I know Dave’s wife doesn’t make much money and he is going to quit and have nowhere to go & no income… and they were already faced with almost losing their house, had Dave not come & started working for us. Chris was even going to give him a $1,000 bonus at Christmas this year… but not anymore. For that I’m sad. Because even though he deserves it for all the hard work he put in, of course you don’t feel like giving somebody a bunch of money when it feels like they’ve turned their back on you all the sudden.
So anyway, we are in need of lots of prayer. This news is surely not what we needed right now - but still, maybe it means we are one step closer to making big changes (which might include hiring me as the Secretary) which we know would be a good thing. So I’m sure there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but it seems we have a lot to go through before we can see that light.
On another note, Chris is supposed to be meeting with a ‘new’ Dave right now - who is a certified electrician that we are going to hire. I hope all the details are ironed out okay and that this guy is an asset to our company and is reliable & mature.
Back to work for me now….
No comments:
Post a Comment